[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 03: Everyday



Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the exact same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~

The next morning, I woke up even before the alarm I previously set sounded.

Just as I woke up, I recalled the events that happened in my dream. Apparently, that so called straight-laced hero has met a horrible ending.

It really makes one depressed. Why is my brain constantly revolving around this type of dream? 

Even though I had no awareness as to what horrors were possibly done, isn’t it still quite frustrating to always experience this? 


Speaking of frustration and recalling the behavior of a certain young man, it was somewhat strange. Even though his actions were somewhat strange, it couldn’t be denied that his appearance was somehow indescribable.

Thinking of all those things simply made me stressed.



I headed to the kitchen to brew coffee, an action I felt like doing in order to calm down. While preparing a cup, I was suddenly hit with an idea. I immediately hurried out the kitchen and headed towards my computer, my heart was beating fast due to excitement.

I typed the necessary keywords and immediately clicked page that seemed to hold the answers I sought. As I waited for the page to load, I suddenly remembered the forgotten cup of coffee in the kitchen. I then stood up to get my cup of coffee and afterwards sat back down again to look at the text in front of my computer.

Remembering the hot look in Medismerut’s eyes, the word "estrus"[1] came to mind.

…It was really abrupt.

The young man who was seemingly humble before has change completely from the previous subservient behavior. He looked like a predator eyeing his prey…



There seems to be ten times difference in the flow of time between here and there. If my memory is correct, ten days have passed from the day I saw this dream for the first time. Then the calculation goes to say that 100 days have passed since I discovered that ‘world’.

If I proceed with the premise that four seasons exist in demon world, and that one year goes by the same number of days, if there are more than three months, one season will end and pass by.



――As I thought about it, I came right back to reality.


“Stupid.……”

I whispered in frustration as I released the mouse and held the cup of coffee with both hands. The slightly bitter taste tasted a bit better after it slid down my throat.




From the beginning, it was strange. The seasonal circumstances in the Demon World seemed to be the same in reality but how come it was the same all year round? 

I shook my head.

It's a dream. Just a dream. Just a dream, the delusion I made up.




After all, it’s a waste of time trying to find proof of something that was not bound to exist in reality. No matter how good the machine in front of me was, there was no way I could find something related to the biology of fantasy and made-up creatures.


I glanced at my bed. Unlike the luxurious one in the dream, it was a cheap pipe bed I bought by ordering online.

I then looked down at my body. It was clothed with a simple sweatshirt and my breasts small and quite a pitiful size.

         Yup. The usual sleeping space and the myself that’s ordinary are the one’s that’s here.

“Fighting, me!”

I hit my cheek with both hands.

It’s too much to waste my morning time entertaining delusions.



I got out of bed earlier than the alarm so I still had a lot of time to do things. I should probably clean a but and buy groceries as I previously planned. 



I drank the rest of the coffee at once and re-energized myself.



I had lunch an hour ago and then went to work. My duty starts at noon today.

I wasn’t too sure of the exact time I left in the morning and the exact time I went to work. It was said that absentmindedness led to accidents but thankfully in the training area, I had time to organize my thoughts and feelings. I was saved.


  
            I prepared in the waiting room and afterwards headed to the office all the while greeting other people I came across. I looked at the whiteboard and saw that there were no changes in today’s schedule or rotation. I didn’t care as long as there were no problems.

I read other notices and greeted the colleagues who returned from teaching the lessons for the Adult Class. I worked as a supervisor of the desk work and also worked teaching free courses. I passed the time as usual.

 My occupation is being a pool instructor and it is my vocation.



During junior high and high school, I often reached the top spot in competitions and even though the University I went to during my undergraduate studies was completely unrelated to swimming, I still chose this job.


First was getting used to the water. The detailed technical guidance and advancing into competitive swimming was alright, even after you experience the fun of frolicking in the water.

From three o'clock the preschool class starts. Then the junior class begins in order to interact with each other together with the other children in the water. Time always passes by in a blink of an eye.
  
At the end of the lesson, I encouraged the children to take a shower and lead them to the changing room. It was 7 pm when I finally saw off the last batch taking the lessons with a smile while gazing momentarily at the wall clock.



I returned to the office with a pleasant feeling despite the fatigue. When I got to my seat, Mio headed towards the seat next to me and sat down.


“Good work, coach Akane…” Suddenly a voice sounded out.


“...... Who was it?” I asked Mio while looking puzzled.


“"He on Tuesday"”she replied with a whisper, chuckling.

I wondered if I should reply to that.


“I'm not going to say anything to that.” I commented, choosing not to talk on the topic further.

It would seem Mio noticed.


“I think it was your shift today. Were you busy at work?”


“Well...”



Akane's workplace was a complex with a pool and a sports gym. As you go through the entrance, there is a reception desk, and behind that is an office where instructors and staff wait. It was a way for those who are available in the office to take turns.

       If you go past the front and turn right, you will see a pool. If you turn left, you will find a gym area and studios for yoga classes.



As the nickname implied, "He on Tuesday" is a man who uses the gym area every Tuesday. When I come back just after lessons, he was sure to peek through the back of the reception window and call me by name. That's the only connection we had.


I never even introduced myself. My name was probably known when someone else called me.


When he greeted through the window, he would say, "Akane-san is petite," or "it's going to rain today."





 “I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do what he was doing. But there has never been any concrete action taken.”



I think I’m a nice person if you look at me objectively. I think I have a muscular body and a manly face as I train every week. But I don't really like the knowledge that I can't refuse this at work and call it to the office. It also feels frustrating when you just look at the strange gaze and not do anything.


Are you waiting for us to fall?


If so, are you quite confident?



“I'm not saying that you’d have to be the one doing the first move but what if he does.” Mio said.

  
For Akane, love has always been a distant thing. It has been a long time since she’s experienced it.


So, if she took an aggressive approach from him, she might have had a different feeling.

If he invited her to a meal or contacted her, if he did such specific actions, love may have sprouted. But at the moment, those actions weren’t seen at all. So, there was no intention of calling out in alarm.



…… In terms of appearance, it’s a one-sided victory for Medismerut. His obvious abdominal muscles, broad shoulder width, hard-looking back muscles, his body was toned to the brim-- a fine macho than simply being fit.

The colors of his hair and eyes were unusual and strange things protruded from his head, but I quite liked his face ... his expression was a bit cold and perfect if he doesn’t move but once he does, the behavior totally destroys the image of a handsome and (seemingly) cold demon.


“--My Goddess of Beauty” Suddenly, a figure flitted past before my eyes.

“...!” 

“Hmm?” Mio looked at me strangely, noticing something seemed to be wrong.

“Oh, no, nothing.” I then hurriedly shook my head, dispelling her doubts. 

I laughed nervously while glancing at Mio who I suddenly thought was a certain demon, and resumed writing on the bulletin board.

I dropped my gaze on my hand. However, my hand didn’t move. Instead of concentrating on the work before me, my heart was filled with the youth who I suddenly remembered.

――― It was just a dream. Medismerut is a delusional product created by a tired head.

It is too impolite to compare her (Mio) with a man from my delusion.



If Medismerut really existed, that world would also exist. I was involved in a world where demons and humans fought. No, can I say that I'm truly muddleheaded and scatterbrained? Because I had advised Medismerut, one straight-laced hero fell.
  
I should have had a decent response. If I set my mind from a more human standpoint rather than a gaming one, it might have had a different ending. However, I feel that it is not good to have a human bias either because my standing position in that dream was being the "God of the Demons".

…Why me?


The reason was unknown. Why was I treated like a God?―――



“...... coach Akane?”


         I returned to my senses and immediately glanced at Mio.



“Are you disappointed maybe "He on Tuesday" won't come anymore?” ... I don't think so.


“Oh no, no.” I then hurriedly replied.

“I'm already a month away from retirement, you have a job. I'll probably get a consultation early.”


The other day, I asked Mio about her reason for retiring. She replied that it had been three years since she married her husband and talked about wanting to make a full-scale family plan.

It seemed that her husband had been asking her to change jobs many times before because life soaked in water for a long time may be detrimental to the body of a woman who wants to become pregnant.

         The office work here often goes along with the coaching business, there is no recruitment of clerks. I heard from her the other day that while working herself, she was also in the middle of looking for a new job because she obtained consent.


            “It's about Mio coaching and the workplace.”

            “Hmm. Did you like me working here?”

            “En.”


            Mio laughed grinningly with an elbow on her desk and her chin resting on her hand.


“Red or blue,” she said.



I was not sure what she meant. 


“It's been a long time since I've been here, coach Akane.”


“...... Really?


“I also have a serious face in spite of being maiden in love. I’m already worried about you, this sister. Don’t you have a boyfriend, at least?”
         

Calm down, Akane.




         I praised Mio who made the story leap upward, her voice getting more and more excited.

         She likes to take everything in her stride, A senior who you can rely normally, and a woman who is respected as a leader. But there is no choice but laugh ruefully at a place where love stories are unseen. Oh, I sighed. I may have missed happiness over and over again today.
.


         I am grateful for the attention of Mio, who seems to have been different from the usual. I then excused myself as I ran away with a muddy head.

         In state in which reality and delusions are jumbled together by a strange continuous dream, I had no confidence that I could explain it logically or even wrap it completely in my mind. It's crazy being dragged into a strange dream in the first place.



After work was done with my share of cleaning, I immediately went back home.

         If I had that dream again, what would I say? I wonder how I would act.

My day was over slowly. My mind kept repeating the unanswered questions in my mind endlessly.



             ――― The reunion with Medismerut was at midnight that day.



[1] estrus is defined as the period of sexual heat in a female. An example of estrus is the period of time when a female animal is looking for a sexual mate.


TL Note: the google translate version was simply weird and nose-bleed inducing so I switched to another translation device. So terribly sorry in advance for the slight inconsistencies with the original Japanese version since I’m just relying on my understanding of the text and the overall meaning so the translation may be a bit different as to what was originally written. I tried to reconstruct some of the paragraphs that didn’t make sense to me and added a bit sentences to ones I found lacking.

I hope that you understand that I’m only doing this translation for experience as well as I truly want to translate this story because of its interesting plot.

Ps. I’ve noticed that the narration seems to go back between 1st person to 3rd person so it may seem a bit weird but at least the MC’s name was revealed. I hope everything was comprehensible.
-Anj.

Comments

  1. Thanks for picking this story up! I once tried to MTL this story....but gosh; my brain was fried during the attempt X'DD I look forward to the future updates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I can totally relate. As i read the MTL version, my brain was fried too. XD

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the translation! I'm so eager to know what will happen.
    Can't wait! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waww thxx for picking this up! I thought this would be forever dropped (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Thanks so much for picking up the novel. I'm very curious to know what would happen later!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! please look forward to the next update mid week this month!

      Delete
  5. π•Ώπ–π–†π–“π–π–˜ 𝖋𝖔𝖗 π–™π–π–Š π–ˆπ–π–†π–•π–™π–Šπ–—.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the translation! OuO..b

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment