[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 04: VS Dream Demon King




Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the exact same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~



I wonder if it had already been the sixth time…

When I slowly opened my eyes, the plant-shaped chandelier shone and slightly blinded me. Yup. It was still the same sight.

The beautiful young man previously sitting on his throne immediately ran heading towards me and prostrated himself. Ah, this was also the usual sight.

I raised myself and sat on the bedside as I removed the blankets wrapped around me. Looking down at Medismerut, he had his knees folded and his forehead touching the polished floor.

“Goddess, I was waiting for you.”
“…”
“May the goddess forgive me for acting disrespectfully the last time.”
“…”
“Um…Goddess?”

The young man looked at me expectantly, seemingly anxious of me just sitting there and saying nothing.

“Me-san”
“Hm? What is it?”
“Can I touch you?”
“R-really? Well, it’s my pleasure…”

“Sit here.”

Medismerut, who agreed to the sudden request without so much as batting an eye, slowly went closer to sit down the edges of the bed. His head was down just as he sat down the soft and fluffy sheets.

There was no sense of awkwardness or tension despite our close distance. My heart was calm and quiet. It was not that I was truly calm, it’s just that my mind was preoccupied.

On my way back from work, my mind kept wandering and my thoughts went to the clouds more than three times today. Perhaps I simply didn’t like to think because I was anxious. In the end, I ended up falling asleep with complicated feelings.

This situation while facing Medismerut, though he was in front of me, I felt like a third party looking on from a distance.

---I want to touch him.

I want to know if everything was indeed as I suspected. I wanted to know through Medismerut.

I leaned back a little and gently touched the head of the person in front of me. A silk-like texture trickled between my fingers when I combed the pearl-gray hair next to his face. I then scooped it up and tried to feel it a couple of times. It was glossy and had a dull luster between my palm.

There was also a heavy looking earing on his right ear. I touched it and I immediately felt a rush of electricity.

I withdrew my hand for a moment, yet it was obvious Medismerut felt it too because he trembled slightly.

I didn’t say anything and chose to ignore it. Stretching my fingers once again, I touched the horns protruding from his head. Presumably, a goat’s horn may look like this. It was rough and hard and although I haven’t touched a goat’s horn before, the texture must be the same. It wasn’t cold but slightly warm to the touch.

I then moved my hand from his ear to his sharp jawline, tracing the lines on his face as my hand went lower to his neck then to his shoulders. He silently consented with his red eyes framed with his thick eyelashes. I moved to touch the taut muscles next. They were solid and somewhat rough.

I moved my hands lower and placed them on his chest. It was warm.

Inexplicably, his temperature was higher than mine.

Badump. Badump.

I also somehow felt his heartbeat.

“…Alive?......”

A small whisper sounded throughout the room.

Do you usually have such a vivid dream? Everything seemed real—vivid, auditory and tactile [1].


“Did you think of me as a vision?”

“……. Is it wrong?”

“I’m alive. Both myself and this world. Please don’t doubt our existence.”

A sparkling object was then presented in front of my sight and not long after, Medismerut hung it around my neck—the pendant settling on my chest. It was one of the ornaments usually adorned on Medismerut’s waist.

The fine design and the gold trimming around it made the jewel stand out.

Jewelry like this would only be displayed inside a thick glass case located in one of the most luxurious jewelry stores in a prime location in Tokyo. It looked like such a luxurious item that ordinary folks can only admire through watching on social media. But presumably, if you see this kind of thing being worn in town, other people would only suspect it was fake. But if Medismerut, the King of Dream Demons, wore it, it was probably real.

“Um…I can’t accept this, it’s nice.”

“You don’t like it?”

“That’s not it. It seems too expensive.”

“Well then, how about this?”


He then held out a bangle with a single gem on it, insisting I accept that instead no matter how much I refused. He continued to insist that in the end, I compromised. No matter how much I turn him down, he would still probably give me some other kind of jewelry. It was better to just accept it that create any more trouble.

As he drew nearer to clasp it around my wrist, I suddenly smelled a fragrance coming from him. I closed my eyes a bit to get a better whiff at it. I was not that good at describing scents and was not too familiar with perfumes. I could only say that it smelled a bit heavy, like spices mixed in rich sweetness.

Good looks were reflected in the eyes.

A beautiful bass that passed by the eardrums.

The warmth of touching skin.

The scent.

---there was only one thing I haven’t yet confirmed through my senses.



“I want to eat something.”

The realistic feeling was too strong to be deemed unreal. I wanted to confirm that this was still indeed— just a dream.

You will eat something if you were alive. If the food that will be placed in front of me looked and tasted real beyond my wildest fantasies…I think this was a definitely great idea.


However, I forgot that the man in front of me wasn’t deaf.

“Would you like to eat…me?”

…What are you talking about?

He held the hand that was on his chest and looked at me intently. “I think it’s a good idea.”

…Wait, what did I just say? What did he say?

The figure of the handsome man then slowly went nearer.

His eyes were heated with desire as if it could no longer be hidden. My body couldn’t move as if they’ve been wrung with invisible threads. What is this? What is with this development? How did this happen?

I’m not sure if it was already too late to stop him. Or wait, id it already too late?

I was sure he was just sitting obediently on the bed. But it was also me who touched him from his head down to his chest. Wait—what?

…did it really seem like I was inviting him?

But I don’t want this to escalate further. The presence of the youth in front of me is just that intense. I only wanted to confirm if this was really a dream…

“I remembered I was worried about meals! Me-san, weren’t you saying something about letting me help and lending you wisdom the last time?! Let’s talk about that now!”

“…please help me.”

“Yeah, what’s wrong?”

I was nervous and unknowingly became respectful. But that was not my concern right now. As soon as I felt impatient, Medismerut suddenly approached. I then covered my body with the quilt, shrinking away a bit. No matter how you think of it, he was obviously not willing to hear my pleas (excuses)!

“It’s very painful.” He said. “But I’m very honored to receive such a privilege of being allowed to enter the sanctuary of the goddess’ couch (bed). I hope you wouldn’t mind my disrespect.”

Even without touching my skin nor my clothes with a single finger, Medismerut pinned me on the bed with just his gaze.

His hands were placed on both sides of my body. It was as if he was implying that I could not escape.

“Our Goddess of Goodness, please give mercy to this shallow but humble servant.”

Hey!

Does this guy have a screw loose in his head?! Why did it seem as if a strange switch was flipped all of a sudden?!

What should I do?

His lips were so close you could almost feel his breath. The words from my mouth seemed to float with the wind ‘till it disappeared just before I lost consciousness.

It was strange to ask a dream character. But I still wanted to ask.

“In the first place, why do you treat me like a god?!?”

“It is—”

“…”
“…”
“…”

It seemed Medismerut realized something after a few moments of not hearing any more response.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry for the disrespect.”

The young man immediately went down the bed and prostrated once again, his head touching the floor. He then stood up the next moment and returned to his throne.

“Dear sir! It was a good opportunity for us to break it! The whole body will be chopped up and fed to the rotting flowers together!”

I’m not too sure if it was true or not but the mood was too strange that I was almost swept away carelessly. Why did a simple request of “wanting to eat something” ended up being “Eat me”?! Are you a bread hero? I’ll cut your head and eat you?

I got goosebumps just imagining it. It was just weird.

I really want to go back home…



The person whose heart was previously exposed to impatience has appeared.

His aura was of danger, as if all things would be destroyed in his presence.

“Oh! I hope I didn’t disturb you! But it’s force majeur[2], don’t worry!”

Hearing those words, Medismerut’s anger intensified. The visitor raised a hand and laughed cheerfully.

“You’re in the throne room, but who’s your little girlfriend?”

“I have no obligation to tell you!”

“It’s not like that. I just wanted to talk to you about something.”

This time, the air solidified.



[1] tactile: perceivable through touching.
[2] force majeur: something of utmost importance




Comments

  1. This sounds gooddd :) I hope the MC was someone who aren't stupid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, i think she isn't stupid. Based on what I've translated so far, the MC has a relatively clear head when it comes to matters although she still believes everything is just her dream. but i could also be wrong because i read as i translate.

      i'm weird, aren't i?

      Delete
  2. "Force Majeur" isn't a spell in this context. It's French and basically means "crucial importance".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, ok thank you so much. there were really a lot of terms that it made me somewhat confused ^^

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to the future chapters. Also thanks for picking this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! i'll do my best in translating so i can update sooner.

      Delete

Post a Comment