[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 07: VS Half Demon


Support me on Patreon!


Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the exact same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~
I repeatedly blinked. I then looked up at the ceiling where the nightlight lit up for a while and looked at the bedside.

The LCD screen on the digital clock displayed that it was just before dawn rather than midnight.

At some point in time from sleeping to waking up, I dreamt of the other side. Followed by being emotionally shaken, and sleeping deeply again.

I read somewhere that you would see dreams when falling asleep. There are various theories such us whether deep psychology is involved or if the brain was just organizing the events that happened during the day. But I really don’t know which one to believe.

It is still a dream whether it was a violent one. The actual body should be resting properly. I think it was because the contents were just too intense.

I headed towards the bathroom. I took a shower and rubbed the shower gel coated bath sponge all over my body.

I have been using this product for a long time and it has been very good. I want to wash the unpleasant memories along with the foam made on my body.

I changed my clothes and went back to bed. If you pulled the curtains apart slightly, you would still see the dark blue hue of the horizon. I lay back on the bed again and heaved a huge sigh.

As soon as I drew someone’s figure at the back of my head, I closed my eyelids pretending not to notice the heartbeats that increased speed little by little.

A little bit more until dawn.

I’m going to work early from morning today. I need to rest my body a little while I still can…


“…that…”

Apparently, it seemed that I fell asleep at last.

When I noticed, I was in the huge and luxurious hall once again.

Unusually, there wasn’t any sliding prostate welcome. When I looked at the stairs whilst lying down, an empty throne lay. I felt relieved at the absence of Medismerut, but also felt unsatisfied…No, no, no, it’s bad. I’m scared that I’m becoming used to that sort of welcome.

It was a painful silence. Because of being left behind in such a huge place, you’d definitely feel that way. The sound of rustling sheets was remarkably loud.

I turned over and quietly stared at the bedside.

It radiated a different presence underneath the soft light.

Even in a place like this, you could feel how the dreams continue so fluidly.

Jewelry, which was somewhat off considering I’m just a normal citizen, was found sitting quietly shining among the sheets.

I gently stretched out my fingers. Cold. It seems that the inorganic nature peculiar to metal that stuck to the skin that is warmed by waking up.

This gem was the one I had previously seen in one of my dreams.

I had a beautiful bangle in my hand and looked at it for a while.

A red gem reminiscent of the eyes of Medismerut was fitted an elaborate ring of gold. It sparkled inside the room, radiating a dazzling shine when hit with the sun’s rays.

I laughed alone thinking to myself how unsuitable this thing was for me. It was an item too valuable for small citizens to appraise, and it will be likely suspected to be first-hand theft.

If you knew the value poorly, you would have trouble dealing with it later.

I have no intentions of selling it nor do I have the courage to keep it on hand with me either. If a single woman living alone is known to have such expensive jewelry, she will most likely be involved in a crime.

Akane’s apartment is at an average level. Neither good nor bad. If you don’t have a safe, you wouldn’t have personal contact with a crime prevention company.

…I thought about it and laughed again.

Dreams and reality are also mixed. It’s awkward to worry about how to store non-existent bangles.

I then wore the bangle on my wrist. I wrapped my body with the blanket and made sure to cover the bracelet properly, guarding myself against foreign enemies. It was not the first time something like that happened.

Maybe Me-san won’t come out in this dream this time.

When will we meet again? tonight? Or tomorrow? The day after tomorrow?

I can’t get it. I should probably give it back. Such a gorgeous accessory would make one awed even if it were just inside a dream.

The mysterious figure of a handsome young man that was full of charm was slowly engraved at the corner of my brain.

…I just want to let go of this gem as soon as possible, and I just want to see you soon.

“Me-san…”




“Wake up.” Someone suddenly said.

“What is it?”

I got a reply.

It wasn’t the usual deep and melodious voice that I’m used to after just waking up.

Surprised, I jumped up. My eyes met a man who was leaning against the big door. The grinning man slowly unraveled his crossed arms and slowly walked towards my direction.

The body was big and strong, with a smile on his dauntless (fearless) face. A large sword was strapped on his back with a light gait that doesn’t let you feel the weight.

“…you are…?”
“Ozros. It’s been a day, do you remember?”

It seemed that the flow of time here was ten times faster than the once in reality. It only took me a few hours while awake. I got out of bed, took a shower, and slept again. In between, two days seemed to have passed in the demon world.

While listening to his reply, I stretched the collar of my dress and arranged the top.

“Where’s Medismerut?”

“The demon king said he was going to take a bath and left me here to attend to you.”

“I see.”

“Yes. I ate the guy who usually stuffs between the throne without Aitsu yesterday. It’s a punishment that keeps me standing.” [1]

…Even if you say that, I wouldn’t know how to reply.

I’m not an idiot. It was obvious he didn’t want to stand on his feet but…I didn’t want to mind it so I’m just going to ignore it.

For the time being, I laughed vaguely. I looked at the man who was previously leaning at the door and noticed that the door was now fixed. I raised a brow.

“You are the hero at that time?”

The atmosphere was different.

The body was the same, the face was also the same. The giant sword strapped on the back also seemed somewhat familiar. But I wonder why the clothes and armor worn felt different, there was a sense of dissonance and incompatibility that can’t be ignored.

Even with a sense of vigilance, Ozros manner of walking did not stop.

What should I do? Should I jump off the bed and run away? But where would I even go to escape?

The only door out of the room was the door behind him. No, it’s impossible. I wasn’t as good at sprinting than I am at swimming. Surely, I’d get caught right away.

I backed away slightly in the bed. The man who just came to my side raised his eyebrows and just shrugged. His body would make an ordinary man jealous but there wasn’t a sense of intimidation in his movements.

“Don’t be alarmed.” He said. “The atmosphere is different because I became a half-demon.”

“Half-demon?”

“After that, I’m no longer an indecent genus [3]. So, I’m no longer a human being. I’m now a half-demon named Ozros.”

Say that and reveal your ears.

“Look, you’re sharp.”

“…What is a half-demon? What is a genus? Is it different from ordinary demons?”

“…”

“…”

“…Are you serious?”

“…?”

“…Well, I will tell you.”

—The demons. Genus. Half-demon…

Both are the names of those who live in the demon world.

If born as a demon, they would be called “demons” generally even if there were differences in race. It was the same thing as calling people with different races as “humans”.

The “genus” referred to the entire creature that has acquired the demonic power of the pure demons. If it referred to the power of Genuity [4], it would be called “Kagema no Gekai”.

A Half-demon or a “Hanma” is a kind of genus. It was a limited species born by specially treated opponents of demons who were quite powerful.

If the subject had no physical nor mental knowledge, the practitioner would not be awakened as a half-demon (belonging to a genus) even if the procedure is completed perfectly, and is often respected as a higher species of genus.

The target of the genus and the half-demons is another tribe including humans. There seemed to be an example of a giant being a half-demon who had been deceived by a vampire and gained the characteristics of both species.

“…When you become a half-demon, you have the advantage of maintaining the same physical strength, arm strength, and intelligence as when you were human, if it is a genus, it is good and the current status is maintained.
On the other hand, if there was any fault, I wouldn’t be able to go against the one who made me a half-demon. It’s basically absolute submission. Because our lives are connected, when the Lord dies, I would die alongside him, too.
Instead of just being an ordinary half-demon, I’m able to retain my human characteristics all the while having my magical abilities increased. That’s why I still look like a human despite being half-demon. I look stronger now, am I right?”

He did a serious swing, but after all it was tightened with the in his lower half, as a little force came out from his shoulder.

It was a bit tense compared to the first time I saw him do it. If his current explanation was correct, he wouldn’t be able to go against Medismerut’s orders. I felt a bit relieved at that.

Akane then looked up towards Ozros, unknowingly beginning to trust the Indecent Demon King subconsciously.

“What was this so called “special treatment” Akane asked, referring to how the demons converted him into a half-demon.

The man’s smile immediately tensed at hearing her question and his line of sight went straight towards the floor. In the end, he covered his wan face with one hand as if he had eaten a bitter bug and squeezed out an answer that sounded as if he wanted to be swallowed by the ground.

“…I don’t want to say it.”

It seems as if it was considered to be an unpleasant event.

I just listened to him but in all honesty, I’m not too keen on finding more about it. If the things you hear about are all unpleasant things, your mental strength might deteriorate over time.

“I’ve never heard of it but I guess…congratulations on becoming half-demon?”

“Oh, that’s because miss refused the curse. I’m glad I continued. The place where you’re resting and the way you sleep is certainly an attraction in itself.” …Um, are you messed up?

He seemed to have let go of the previous topic and moved on to being a lecher, playing with women while doing a “heroes” job.

Was there only sexual desire in this man’s head? Perhaps no, this man was absolutely the type that thinks only with his lower body.

The once relaxed attitude immediately tensed once again.

I’m a woman. Even though I may look mediocre in appearance and body, it would still be a problem when my safety is compromised if he decides to move his hand against me.

Ozros raised his brow seeing my reaction.

“Well, my circumstances are like this. Now, little miss, let’s go to the part where I question you and you answer, shall we?”

Ozros focused his eyes on me while placing his hands behind his back. He was smiling with a challenging expression on his face as he approached me.

“Who are you, little miss?”




[1] phew. This sentence is confusing the heck out of me.
[2] Mogg. Recently, I’m getting more and more confused with what I’m translating. Both the google translate and the other machine translator said the same thing. But I just altered it a bit to fit the context.
[3] a category of a species.
[4] the word is kagema


Comments