[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 08: VS Half Demon 2






Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the exact same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~
After a while, I was suddenly pushed by a great force that came from the huge body in front of me.

“The curse… that was the curse that devastated me in the most troublesome way that even the priests of the Kipnit saint kingdom threw a fit of anger?

Do you know? that here— “The Throne Room” has a function to amplify the powers of the Demon King. So, if you aren’t someone who received special permission from the Demon King like me now, you’ll be branded as suspicious and might be killed the moment you enter. When other people enter, it’s common knowledge that that would be the case.”

Ozros moved even further, making be back out towards the corner of the bed.

“The center of the hall is where the power is most concentrated, along with the throne where little miss’s bed is placed. How obsessed are you? Is it a pure culture? However, there is no way to distinguish between a half-devil and a genus, and your knowledge of the demons seems quite lacking.”

“There is no such thing.”

“…”

Unexpectedly, Ozros stretched out his hands towards me. I immediately twisted away to dodge his attempt with my upper body balanced. At last I got off the bed because the atmosphere that came from Ozros made me feel an impending sense of crisis.

This man was dangerous.

Now that Medismerut wasn’t here that served as a deterrent, I had to protect myself. I’m aware of such an obvious thing and felt a bit impatient.

I have to run away.
But where?

I don’t know. But I’m sure that it was highly impossible considering I’m slow when it came to running.

My long dress eventually entangled with my legs. It was somewhat hard to run considering that I’m not used to it.

My feet ached so bad.

I stepped on the hem of the dress. But I managed to regain my footing and ran again.

Now, even a second is long, and even a centimeter was precious in running away.

“That,”

“The most difficult thing to understand.” Sigh [1]

The getaway drams, which suddenly came to a halt, ended without any fear. I felt it was long, but I couldn’t really keep up in the end and in a second I was caught by Ozros, who jumped over the bed.

He stretched his arms and grabbed my wrists. I tried to desperately break free, but it was no use. The power difference between a man and a woman was obvious.

“Let go!”

Ozros’ hands immediately loosened, surprised, as soon as my sharp voice came out. However, the balance of the upper body had been greatly disrupted by being pulled just as the wrists had been released. The man moved in earlier before I was able to regain balance and immediately, sturdy arms wrapped around my body.

Both feet dangled in the air.

The arm turned from the back to the side is neither pushed not struck nor victorious.

“Who are you, really? Miss?”
“I’m not going to tell you.”


Ozros laughed, grinning widely as he held the adult woman up like a young child without any special features. His face neared her neck that she immediately let out a scream.

It was then licked as if it wasn’t done unintentionally.

Chills immediately ran throughout Akane’s entire body.

“It’s a strange sign different from humans and demons…but it isn’t bad. I can make use of this opportunity.”

Argg!!! The heck?!

I felt the danger lingering throughout my entire body and tried earnestly to escape from his hold. However, his grip on me never loosened even the tiniest bit.

Rather that letting go, he repositioned my body until I was facing him and we were face to face.

I really wanted to bash by fists in his face so badly that the idea was really, really tempting given the situation. However, his arms were currently restraining me, so that was out of the question. I could only helplessly glare.

I was so angry that tears welled in my eyes, making it seem as if I looked fearful. I struggled again and yet it was futile as expected.

No matte how violent Ozros was, he didn’t want to cause much damage. Still, she kicked his legs multiple times with her bare feet. If you stopped and gave up, everything would be meaningless. That was for certain.

“Why do you…?”

“Because I’m interested in Miss. That’s why I want to know your true identity, but of course I also want a bit of a taste—”

“Oh?”

“…that’s a joke! Of course, Little Miss walked on her own and was on her way back to bed!”

It was in that exact moment.

Medismerut who previously wasn’t there, literally appeared behind Ozros in a blink of an eye, with his sword aimed at the man’s neck.

From the wrist of the young man, was an altered sword. It was different if compared to a normal sword for it had jagged edges that grazed slightly over Ozros’ vulnerable nape. The sword was akin to a saw’s blade.


“First, release your dirty hands from her.” Medismerut commanded in a cold voice.
 
“Oh…understood.” Ozros replied.



“…Your injuries.” Medismerut whispered as he frowned, noticing the bruises that marred Akane’s arms. [2]



The man (Ozros) then loosened his restraints and raised his hands, an action of surrender.

I was immediately released from my restraints and my feet eventually touched the floor again. The young man who was a few feet in front of me, beckoned me with his hand to come closer. I then stepped away from Ozros and approached Medismerut.

“Sorry for being late.”

The embrace the surrounded me at last made me feel a sense of security. I was hugged tightly, my whole body relaxed.

My legs felt inexplicably weak as the tension escaped my body. Tears immediately escaped my eyes, though the reason was different this time. It wasn’t put of fear or anger, but relief.

Even if I was encased in a tight embrace, I didn’t feel any discomfort at all.

—His arms were okay.
They would not torment me.

I didn’t understand it well. However, there was a mysterious feeling of conviction and certainty. Medismerut would not hurt me. He wouldn’t trample my heart.


Medismerut frowned coldly. “It seems to be that you are lacking of discipline.”

“I didn’t really do anything! I didn’t touch the bed!”

“Shut up. You’re merely my servant…I’m prepared to give up my life (for her), I’ll do as I wish.”

The sword which was aimed at Ozros’ neck seemed to gain momentum, drawing out blood from his face. He then looked with an expression that seemed to mean “help me” …I let out a sigh.

“Let him go.”

My heart wasn’t wide enough to forgive a man who tried to act on his own accord without permission.

If Medismerut didn’t help, I would have been in great danger.

However, because it was only an attempt and it didn’t happen in the end… I still had room for feelings.

“But…”

“I got out of the bed myself just as he said. But when I told him to “let go”, he took me away and subdued me, sniffing and licking my neck as well.”

“Good, good!”

The long hair of the young man suddenly flew in various directions without the aid of wind.

Ozros’ expression went from white to blue.

“I’ll still cut you.”

“Hit”

“No!”

I placed my gaze up front.

“Don’t take lives.” I said. “I don’t want to see blood spilled. So, please bear with me. Not for the sake of this man but for me. If you’re going to punish him, could you do so in other ways?”

He called Ozros a “servant”. It may be a different matter when I speak between a master and his slave.

But I don’t have that much courage to watch a tragic scene in front of me without batting an eye. That’s why I told him what I had done, appealed according to the situation, and left it to his judgement.

It was a gamble whether or not Medismerut will follow my words. I still don’t know why, but I’m betting on the fact that he calls me “goddess” and respected me.

“…Okay.”

Even if she didn’t lose sight of the fact that he still had his blade…it was good.

I let out the breath that I unconsciously held back.

The young man smiled wryly. However, when I looked down at the man who was crouched down on the spot while covering the cut on his nape, all expressions had already disappeared from the beauty.

“Ozros, I will forbid all sexual activity in the future until I forgive you… No, if you touch another person with sexual intent, I will immediately separate your head from the rest of your body.”

“Nah…ah…that…I understand.”

“Now let’s leave this place right away. Let the hero get out of here.”

“…Understood.” [3]

Ozros disappeared beyond the main door with a violent dash as opposed to his reply. When both doors were completely closed, Medismerut bent down.

My body was lifted.

Returning me to my bed, the young man went down a few steps and placed his knees down quietly. It was a fluid action. As I looked on, I admit that his actions were full of indescribable elegance. Ah, the usual prostrate position…

“I m truly sorry. I will accept any punishment for my negligence.”

Even with a squeezed-out voice, it still sounded out like a beautiful bass.

As soon as the third party (Ozros) disappeared, I returned to my usual demeanor. I looked down and looked at the head of the young man in a bad mood.

I’ve never seen such a graceful prostrate. Just who is it that gains in this situation?

“It’s already…it was an attempt. I don’t want to think of punishments. I know better than that and besides, you were in the middle of bathing.”

Why did Medismerut, who was outside the room, sense that something happened? I wonder if this room had a function like that of a security alarm.

Speaking of that, I stared seriously at the appearance of the young man in front of me.

His hair was still wet and moist. He was simply dressed with a bottom but no robes or any other extra ornaments.

I wonder if he rushed sensing something went wrong. When I think about it this way, the feeling of being touched welled up a little.

“The decorative bangle I previously gave the goddess is connected with me.”

“Eh…oh, that’s right.”

“No! I did not give it to you in anticipation of such mismanagement! These days, the heroes are getting more and more restless, and there are instances when I have to leave the throne room. So, if goddess awoke while I was absent, I’ll be able to know and meet you immediately!”

It seems because it was placed in a special environment, it seemed it got delayed in detecting signs.

There were no heroes around the castle, and Ozros has been ordered to stay away from the bed and lift not a single finger.

It may have been unexpected that I reappeared in just two days from the last time.

Cold appearance paired with a low-pitched bass voice. His serious words and actions when protecting me. The heat of his skin when he carried me into his arms.

Various feelings began to emerge for him.

However, the difference between his attitude and the content of the story that started excuses by rubbing his forehead on the floor was too intense.

The mental power which was once restored shattered again.

“…I was going to return this.”

“Of course, I know that you possibly wouldn’t want to wear things I’ve worn before. But I’m praising my insight in this matter.”

It’s not like that.

It’s just too grand. If I was to be given jewelry like these, my eyes will probably pop out of its sockets.

Although the direction of Medismerut and Ozros differed from each other, I feel a sense of familiarity. ­They were really similar, this master and servant.

“You should have this as it is in case something like this happens again.”

I sighed as I touched the bangle around my wrist where it was worn.

As usual, I was even more tired than before. It wasn’t the first time this happened.

---I really missed the bright, fun and calm dreams.




­­­­­­­­

[1] I’m not too sure what this sentence actually meant since it was quite confusing as to what this sentence referred to. But most likely referring to the MC’s actions of running away.
[2] this was just additional detail.
[3] I’m not too clear as to who said this and what the original sentence meant but I just changed it according to the events that were currently happening to fit the scenario.

Comments

  1. If she think that me-san think of her as goddes, wouldn't it better if she act like one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD i get your point but there's a reason as to why she acts that way. she's just confused at what's happening that's why her reaction is seemingly ungoddess-like.

      Delete

Post a Comment