[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 2

Become a Patron! 

 

Nice To Meet You Mr. Wolf 2

 

Aria was spending her time as usual even after she was to be married to the prince of the neighboring country. I didn't have to worry about anything, as the people around me would do the preparation.

 

Although I refused to be messed up by a group of seamstresses that occasionally come, it is peaceful otherwise. Anyway, Aria is not the only one to get married. Aria has many brothers and sisters. The marriage of unmarried prince and princesses [1] was decided one after another. It seems to be a diplomatic problem, but I do not know the details. No one would bother to explain that to Aria.

 

It is decided that we will get married with five older sisters and two older brothers. Lilianne, who hated to marry into the werewolf family, also got engaged to the son of the late prime minister. The seamstress she had to lend to Aria was eventually busy preparing Lilianne's wedding dress. The seamstresses temporarily gathered from the city are making the wedding dress for Aria.

 

The castle is full of busy people since the beginning of the country. Few people are interested in the marriage of Aria, the youngest princess. Sometimes, all they talk about is the bridegroom, but after all, because they don’t know the details about the werewolf family, the rumor story disappears immediately.

 

 

"It would have been different if I had a mother ..."

 

 

Each mother is in charge of conducting marriage-related matters. Since their royal father is a busy person, it would be a relief to leave matters to them (mother). The only motherless Aria---maybe they’re too busy they forgot.

 

Despite that, the minimum preparation seems to be under the supervision of the Prime Minister. A subordinate of the King, he is extremely talented and quick to work.

 

 

"... I came!"

 

 

It has already been a year since I got engaged with a prince who didn't even know my face. Today was the day when the werewolf prince from the neighboring country came to pick up Aria. Aria, sitting on the top of the tower with binoculars secretly taken out of her father's study, shines as she finds a small group passing through the castle gate. A group of about ten people on a large horse that I have never seen hiding a coat of fluffy fur (most probably) because of their hooded cloaks.

 

 

"This is the rumored impatient play. I'm glad I learned from the teacher."

 

 

Ariaa has been spending almost the same time as usual for the past year, but the content of the lessons taught by her tutor has changed drastically. Aria has a great deal of knowledge about the night life of married couples by a tutor who strongly insists, "The idea that women only leave themselves is old!" I haven't practiced it yet, but I'm sure I can meet most demands.

 

 

The only concern is with Lilianne's previous point of “you can eat once a month”. she didn't tell me the details, but it seems like it can't be avoided because it seems painful. All she could do for Aria was to pray that she would only need to chew. (tl: wut?)

 

 

 

I rushed down the stairs to see the group of the werewolf family closer, but by the time Aria reached the entrance hall, they had already disappeared in the castle. Apparently, she was late because she couldn't find the people who were supposed to be ready to meet her. Even if I chase from now on, I'm sure I would just be scolded for what I was doing without welcoming them.

 

 

"But what has passed is unavoidable."

 

 

I scream with a bright face and sneak out of the empty entrance hall. I couldn't help but worry about the big horse that the werewolf was riding on when I looked down from the top of the tower.

 

The favorite pet that Aria greatly professes were generally dog breeds, but basically, she would love animals in general. I want to approach the creatures I see for the first time. I found ten big horses in the stable that could not be looked at by anyone.

 

 

"... Isn't it a horse?"

 

 

I called it "horse" for convenience, but it is far from the horse that Aria recognizes. The features and sizes are different, and above all, the magnificent horns that grow above it’s head has a shape that I have never seen.

 

 

"Much bigger than a horse ... I've never seen an animal like this."

 

 

When she stroked its beard, which had been stored under its chin, it twisted its body. My eyes and horse’s eyes met, and my heart rang high.

 

 

"Is it alright to ride it ...?"

 

 

My flicking eyes blink. Aria's chest was pounding again. The wooden tubs that were rolling nearby were gathered together and piled up to form a springboard. I gently put my foot on it, and after confirming that it will not collapse, "Ei ya!" I clung to the back of the horse and as I did so, my expression fell.

 

Ganshan! It was then that I heard the sound of something breaking. When I turned around, I found a basin that lay on the ground indiscriminately, and that quickly made me look pale.

 

 

 

I could cling to the back of "Horse" but I couldn't climb. The stirrup seems to have been removed, and there is nothing to get a foothold on. Even if I jump off, I will lose my balance from such a half-hearted posture.

 

 

 

"What should I do……"

 

 


 

The only thing Aria could do was cling to its beastly back and get lost.

  

I heard that the clock mounted on the front of the castle makes a loud noise, and I think it's been so long. Right after Aria was hung on the back of the "horse", this sound was just sounding. The castle clock is set to ring every hour during the day, so it means that another hour has passed since then. During that time, no one has visited the stables. No one visits this place.

 

 

(I wonder if I should jump off my injuries anymore ...)

 

 

Also, the numbness of my loose arms is near the limit. I hate to be hurt, but I can't afford to do this all the time. It was better to jump off myself rather than wait for myself to fall---I was trying to decide, so I finally reached out to my rescue. Aria glances up at the sound of the stable's door opening.

 

 

"Excuse me."

 

 

Maybe I didn't think there were any people, but a person who came into the stable---a man who’s silver hair stretched to the length of his shoulders stopped his feet astonished. His golden eyes shining wide open, as he found Aria hanging from the back of the horse.

 

 

"Sorry, can you help me?"

 

"You ... what are you doing in such a place?"

 

 

A slightly lower, cool voice. As the man steps forward, his silvery silver hair gently shakes. From the gap in my bangs that had been stretched for a long time, I could see his gentle eyebrows.

 

 

"I can't go down anymore."

 

 

The man's line of sight moved to a large number of water tubs scattered around the foot of the horse. Perhaps he correctly understood the situation where Aria was placed, and his gentle eyes were distorted slightly as to make him laugh.

 

 

"How long did you do that?"

 

"Maybe ... quite some time?"

 

 

I would have been doing this for nearly an hour, but I was really embarrassed to read mackerel. The man behind Aria gently put his hands on both sides and lifted up her body clinging to the back of the horse. Aria finally managed to get her feet on the ground, and then exhaled, and lowered her head.

 

 

"Thank you. Thank you."

 

"Don't try to ride a horse alone because it's dangerous."

 

"But I wanted to try it."

 

 

I looked up at the man with an admiring gaze. He is a very tall man. With Aria's height, even the top of her head will not reach the man's shoulders. Even so, I don't feel intimidated because of the gentle atmosphere of the man and also because he bends down to suit Aria.

 

 

"Even if you want to ride it, you can't do it alone," he said. “This time, I'm glad that you were quiet, but the horse is pretty ferocious. They can run you over, they can shake you off, they can even step on you.”

 

 

"I can't do that because it's such a nice girl."

 

 

When Aria gently extends her arm, the "Horse" lowers her head and touches her cheek. As I whispered around its beard that had come down to my eyes, I heard an admiring voice from behind.

 

 

"You are liked by animals."

 

"No. I love them. They’re cute and fluffy ..."

 

 

I pushed my nose on its beard and sniffed. It smells like a beast, but I can't stand it again. I noticed a giggle, and suddenly, I raised my face. The released "horse" returned his head, which had been lowered, to the original position. Suddenly embarrassed, I put what I had in mind on my lips.

 

 

"My husband is fluffy too."

 

"Hey, you're married. It's so small, it's great."

 

"I haven't got married yet. I don't know the other person's face, but I'm sure it's fluffy. I'm looking forward to brushing it, and I tried to arrange various things."

 

"It will make my husband happy too."

 

"Yes! But ..."

 

 

I look around and confirm that there is no one around. I pulled the man's sleeves and try to bring my lips closer to his ears, he then tilted his tall body.

 

 

"When I get married, I have to eat once a month."

 

"Eat ...!?"

 

"I didn't want to be hurt, but my sister's patience will end soon."

 

"Well, I think it's awkward to talk about such a thing in a place like this ...!?"

 

 

The man’s face turned bright red and darted his eyes around, so to reassure him, I said, "I did it a while ago."

 

 

"It's okay. I'm not dissatisfied with the marriage. I just thought that I shouldn't hurt as much as possible. If my husband seems kind, I'll ask him not to hurt me."

 

"That's ... yeah. I'm sure he'll be kind enough."

 

"Is that so?"

 

 

He leaned towards Aria’s neck and patted her head gently. He is tall and has large palms. The head of Aria is completely wrapped up.

 

 

"I hope we can meet good people."

 

 

The red earrings were shaking gently at the ear of the gentle laughing man.

 

 

Tl: Awwww…It’s so cute already~

Ps. I just decided the updating schedule for this one and I'll just update the same days I update [Goddess, Help Me!] so that i wouldn't be confused lol. So in other words, I update Tuesdays and Fridays, twice a week but occasionally, I'll throw in extra chaps for you guys ;)

[1] it actually says people here but I changed it for better understanding.


<<prev      Table of Contents    next>>

Comments

  1. thank you very much translator-san!! ヽ(^Д^)ノ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Thanks for the translation. It made me smile so much for her cuteness 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. shes so cute!!!!!!!!!!! im in love with this cute baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take that she didn't know what "eat once a month"means..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment