[God You're a Liar] Chapter 6.2: The Boundaries of Lies

 Do you believe in reincarnation?

 

...... That's right.

 

Why did he ask me that after the old story?

 

I wonder if the person in the story ...... has something to do with the wise man and the monk's daughter.

 

According to his story, the wise man sealed the giant dragon in a large rock and the monk lost his life in the battle. In light of the village lore, the wise man must be Zeine-sama himself.

 

Huh? So, does that mean he's not God...?

 

No, no, no, if you've been alive for hundreds of years, you're probably as close to a god as you can get. Besides, with that color, it's more comfortable to say "I've met the great god Termeldair" [1] than "I'm human".

 

The fact that he dared to include the matter of the monk in the story means that she must be very big in his mind.

 

---I'm a reincarnation of a monk, or something like that?

 

I winced in my mind.

 

I don't know. I'm not aware of it at all. I don't know if it's possible to be reincarnated in the first place, leaving my memories behind. ......

 

I know, in a way, that some people believe in "past lives" and that there are countries far away that consider reincarnation as a natural part of life. I have heard that there are such teachings.

 

I do not deny the teachings of the distant countries and the people who believe in them.

 

But I don't believe in them either.

 

So when he asked me about it, I said, "I don't know. I still believe that when you die, it's the end. He thinks he only has one life, so he wants to live it hard.

 

He laughed at me when he heard my reply. He laughed and said, "I agree. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

 

I don't think I'm a former monk or anything like that. I don't think it's anything to do with my past.

 

If I was a monk in the past, and I was very important to him, he must have reacted with disappointment when he saw that I had completely forgotten about him. I think he would be disappointed to see that I don't seem to remember anything about him, even when he tells me stories about the past. Instead of laughing, it was a sad scene.

 

But he did laugh.

 

So I'm not an ex-monk.

 

He brought me here because I was whimpering in front of a large rock. he was just curious to talk to me because he saw a sad-looking girl in a daze at the place where he was worshiped, and he was curious to talk to me. When he heard the story, he couldn't leave her alone, so he picked her up and took her home. ...... I guess that's about it.

 

But ...... there is also what if?

 

If I were a reincarnation of a monk....

 

He laughed, "I agree," and if that smile is what he's lying about, then ......?

 

A sage and a monk were actually in love, or a couple who had promised each other a future, and although they were torn apart after the defeat of the giant dragon, they promised each other at the end of their lives that they would stay together until they were old enough to be reincarnated or ......

 

Once again, I gently peer at his sleeping face.

 

There's just a slight wrinkle between his eyebrows, probably because I'm moving about. Still, it doesn't detract from his good looks.

 

Whether he's awake or asleep, his face is so well-groomed that I can't believe it's real---.

 

When I first saw him, I was surprised by his dark skin, his silvery white hair, his strangely pointed canine teeth and his long ears. And yet, after spending a very short time with them, I can now look at them without any discomfort, much to my surprise. I can even think they are beautiful.

 

I've been wondering why, but ...... if I knew this look of his before I was born, it would make sense.

 

I'm sure I'll be able to find a way to make up for the fact that he's stuck with me.

 

If that's the case, then I’m actually a tremendously loving wife....

 

What am I going to do, I'm suddenly feeling a little nervous.

 

My cheeks burned on their own.

 

Even my ears are hot.

 

There is no way. No way.

 

You're dreaming too much. Yeah.

 

I'm not the impressionable age of an impressionable teenager ...... is a bit too delusional.

 

It's a good idea to be able to have a good time with your friends and family.

 

I'm not sure if I'm related to a previous life.

 

It's a good idea to be able to have a good idea of what I’m going to be doing.

 

I'm sure I'll be happy to know that I'm not the only one who has a problem with this: ......

 

I lower my eyes and exhale softly.

 

I don't know. From the moment I met him, he's been a mystery to me.

 

I wonder if I'll live here and one day I'll understand everything about him: ......

 

I twisted my body slowly and slowly, wanting to turn my back to him for some reason. When I turn over and get into a position where my back is resting against him, I suddenly feel his eyes on me.

 

I look up. And then.

 

Our eyes met with a pair of eyes peering at us from the corner of the open window frame.

 

 

Comments