[God You're a Liar] Chapter 7.2: Spirit of Suicha

 What kind of creature?

 

... Suicha?

 

Buh!

 

This time it was blown out of the water.

 

Is that, that Suicha, that vegetable that's lying around in the field in the hot weather, so big and watery that you can hold it in both hands?

 

It was about that big, wasn't it? The color could have been a little darker, though...…

 

I remember reading in some book that the spirits look like the host. ...... but when I saw him start laughing out loud, I regretted saying it.

 

Obviously an incorrect response. And it seems to have been quite off the mark.

 

It couldn't be helped. All I could think of was a pale yellow and something that big, and all I could come up with was suicha...

 

I glare at him with a bit of resentment as he continues to laugh.

 

I rubbed my hand over my heated cheeks to cover them up.

 

Isn't it about time you got up, it looks like evening already?

 

He rolls his back and laughs, and when he loosens his arms, I quickly step back and take some distance from him.

 

So that yellow creature from earlier…”

 

"Suicha nymphs.

 

Please do not tease me.…

 

Just vegetables. Crap.

 

I don't feel like I can get a serious answer.

 

After all, what the hell is that creature? I'm still unsure and bothered. But it's kind of frustrating to be so persistent.

 

It would be good if the villagers with a limited range of action could open up and say that there is no way they would know the real thing of the spirit, but if I felt ashamed of my lack of knowledge, I couldn't ask them honestly.

 

He finally wakes up when he sees me with a cloudy expression, unconvinced. He pulled me up from the bed as he got off while still laughing.

 

He takes me to the living room.

 

There, my eyes widen into a full circle again.

 

Squeak.

 

Yeah, she's up. I mean, you woke her up.

 

Cue!

 

---a pale yellow blob that was littered outside the bedroom just a few minutes ago is on the table in the living room.

 

When did it move? I'm not sure if it's because of its fat body size and the way it looked earlier, I thought it was a slow mover, but it might actually be quite fast.

 

I'm not going to argue with that. So?I understand clothes and shoes, but ...... what is this bottle?

 

And this creature seems to be able to communicate with him.

 

It sounds like just a squeal to me, but the atmosphere is one of proper conversation.

 

The suicidal spirit, at his urging, reluctantly begins to explain the many items he has laid out on the table. I guess it would be more accurate to say that he appears to be ...... explaining them. He shows the items with his claws and squeaks. He nods as he watches and nods at the scene, and occasionally interjects a question, so I'm probably right in my estimation.

 

''---I don't want any lumpy, decorated clothes. I want the slippery fabric ones in the front. Lana, from tomorrow, wear something like this. The shoes are yours. Wear whatever you like. If you don't have enough, I'll get you some more.

 

"Cue.

 

"These are the most popular cosmetics and perfumes in King's Landing. Human women like these things... I hear they're the same quality as the princess's favorite products, so you can use them without worrying.

 

That bag over there seems to contain a bunch of sewing kit. Says it's got silk thread. You haven't finished Lana's costume, have you? That will get the job done. I didn't think of ...... sewing tools either. That's pretty clever.

 

Swoosh!

 

His praise made the Suicha puff out her chest. It stumbled slightly, nearly losing its stance as it bent backwards in a big way. ...... Is this the part that makes me laugh? Is the thick tail that dallied down is a decoration? I wish I could balance it out with that.

 

Once again, I sullenly look at the pale yellow mass.

 

It's almost bicephalic in the way it stands like a human on its two hind legs. He's holding a vial of perfumed oil neatly in his sharp, clawed paws, so he must be dexterous in his limbs for being so short.

 

Its round face is similar to that of a snake or a lizard if only its features are captured. The texture of his belly is also smooth and soft and may be snake-like.

 

The major difference between the two is the mane, which runs from the head to the tip of the tail in a straight line.

 

The ventral skin is a light orange color, and the hair is a light yellow color on the back. Overall, the coloration is still very Suicha-like [2].

 

 ...... Really, I've never seen a creature like this before.

 

I'm going to be able to see the light blue eyes of the mysterious creature as I observe on the table behind his back.

 

''Kyu Kyu.''

 

Introductions?Ah, ...... Yeah, you're going to change your name to Suicha today. Or rather, call it that.

 

Ssshhh?

 

It sounds like a screeching sound, and it's just fine. ---Lana, this guy is a total jerk. It's just a matter of time before he does some serious damage. I've got everything you could possibly need, but if there's anything you need or want, I'll send her to get it for you.

 

...... buying out! These two heads!

 

My eyes widen.

 

He smiled a slightly, lightly patted my head and continued to speak as if it was nothing.

 

I hear he still thinks this is a dragon.

 

 

[1] I never really comprehended what this was nor could google answer it for me.

[2] all I searched was bubble tea lol

 

Comments