[God You're a Liar] Chapter 7.1: Spirit of Suicha

 

The proprietor of the house has congested gold eyes and sharp, slit eyes. But right now, peering indoors with the view of the garden behind him, is something ...... pale yellow with round light blue eyes.

 

Or rather, what is it?

 

At any rate, it's not a person.

 

It's an animal I've never seen before, at least not in the village.

 

As I stared at it, one of the paws that had been hanging over the edge gripped the window frame with a nose-dive. My gaze is drawn to the hard-looking claws that sprouted at the end of it.

 

Light blue eyes with no whites crackled and blinked.

 

The animal leans up on its face. Suddenly it lined up with its mouth wide open, with a bright red tongue and sharp, pointed fangs---

 

I don't know this kind of animal.

 

No, it's too ...... maybe too much to be called an animal. ......

 

Hee......

 

The moment my understanding caught up with the movements of its’ claws and fangs, my whole body stood alert and goosebumps erupted.

 

This is not a domestic animal. Or rather, this creature, this is not a normal animal, rather, it's clearly the one that's going to eat animals and maybe even humans, in other words, I mean--- demons!

 

Its claws are sharp enough to knock down even a wild wolfsbane with a single blow, and its fangs look as if they could crush even a thick bone without hesitation. With a weapon like this, there's no way it can say "I'm a harmless herbivore".

 

If it swung around with its short paws, I would be blown away easily, and if it bit me with its mouth, it would bite off my arms in an instant.

 

I'm sorry to have imagined .......

 

It's a very exciting time for me to be afraid.

 

'Hiyah ......---!

 

I swallowed the scream I was about to raise just in time to swallow it.

 

I wanted to pat myself on the back for realizing right before I screamed that if I made a poor noise, I might give the other person an unnecessary stimulus.

 

I subconsciously backed away. But my body, propelled by fear, moved on its own, and before I could hardly move, I hit a warm wall. It's his chest.

 

What's up ......?

 

“Ahh!”

 

Calm down.

 

What kind of person can wake up in their sleep and stay calm when their eyes meet the demon's! No, he's not!

 

But he was different. As expected of a god, he was completely unfazed by the sudden attack of the demon. It's a good thing that you can't get rid of the arms that were entangled with me and get up with a thud, and then look at me and the demon in turn with long ears twitching, and then get off the bunk and go to the window and grab the demon's pale yellow head with one hand and throw it out of the open window and throw it ...... eh, I threw it away! Such a move ......

 

Are you okay with this?

 

He slammed the armor door shut, roundly ignoring the sound of what sounded like a faint scream on the other side of the window frame.

 

This time, his thoughts stopped.

 

Her open mouth wouldn't close. Because demons are famous for not being afraid of people, they attack travelers on the streets, they eat up livestock by climbing over village fences, and some species are called a threat to the world if they become big demons, even though they are a symbol of fear. I can't believe they would litter it without making it up....

 

He moved me back from the wall to the center of the bunk, and he was absent-minded and not a shred of tension.

 

The room went dark at once as he closed the armor door.

 

I'm almost at a loss as he starts to doze off, taking me in again, and I'm at a loss.

 

What should I do?

 

For now, it looks like I won't be able to sleep again. I'm completely awake from my thoughts and the surprise of encountering a mysterious creature.

 

I patted his chest, which rose and fell gently, fearfully.

 

Um, ...... um, I don't think this is the time for you to be sleeping ...... now that you're a yellow creature.

 

...... What did it look like to Lana?

 

His eyes, once closed, opened thinly and looked down at me in his arms.

 

His eyes, peering at me from close range, still look a little sleepy. But apparently he was curious what I would say.

 

Maybe it's a demon, but I'm ...... a little unsure. And for a guy with claws and fangs that look fierce, he was slow to move.

 

Even though the other party was a god, Zeine-sama, the way it was killed was too poorly done.

 

And that yellow mass, that yellow mass, I didn't feel any killing intent or tension to say it was coming to attack us.

 

'Could it be Zeine-sama's contract spirit?'

 

Even in the world of man, some people can contract with spirits when they become a higher sorcerer... I suddenly remembered that story.

 

I'm sure I'll be able to find out what's going on in the world.

 

He raises his eyebrows in a hitch and draws an arc around his mouth as I ask him with that thought.

 

What kind of creature?

Comments