[God You're a Liar] Chapter 8.2: A New Life

 He finished his meal and dipped the lowered dishes into the water trough and grabbed a wet cotton.

 

I carefully wash up each of the submerged dishes one by one.

 

I'm finally starting to get used to handling the pottery, but I'm not ready to let it go. Unlike the thick and massive dishes we use in the village, the ones we have here are all beautifully decorated with elegant patterns. That's why I'm still a little afraid of them. I'm afraid that if I'm careless and drop it from my hand, it will easily crack.

 

---It's been almost a month since I started living here.

 

The first thing I learned when I came to live with him was his poor life skills.

 

He doesn't use his own hands and pushes everything with his signature magic.

 

The food aspect of his life is especially bad. When he first showed me the cooking area, I thought it was strangely clean, even though it looked like he'd used it.

I was surprised to hear the inside story.

 

It seems he can only cook very simple food.

 

No, my mother would scold me if I said "cooking". He ate only cut and grilled meat and ate vegetables raw for a long time. There is a limit to how much I can eat, no matter how sharp my canine teeth are like fangs.

 

Looking back, the first meal I was served in this house was unseasoned seared meat and boiled vegetables. But that actually seemed to be something they worked pretty hard to make for me.

 

It's ...... so quite naturally, it became my job to prepare the meal.

 

It's a big kitchen, it's a shame not to use it.

 

By the way, tonight's dish is Matouma with fusiliers. [1]

 

Before I started to prepare the meal, I always ask him what he would like to eat. Then he brings out some cold ingredients from the pantry outside the borders of the garden. Today it was fusillade meat, and after I received the meat inside the boundary, I figured out how to cook it and asked him to go back for additional ingredients.

 

This is how the meal is decided every time.

 

"Suicha's Spirit" or "Dragon Sui-chan" as she is known as "Suicha's Spirit" can eat the same food as us, so the amount of food we have to prepare is for three people.

 

However, if you look at them, it's enough for five or six people.

 

They are amazingly well fed. They always seem to eat so cleanly that I get full just by looking at them.

 

They don't seem to have any particular likes or dislikes. Even if the seasoning is a bit of a failure, he still eat what she cooks.

 

Every day I was trying to figure out what kind of food he really liked, little by little. I want him to eat what he thinks tastes good, after all.

 

When it comes to laundry and cleaning, I'm almost completely out of the picture.

 

He's never done laundry before. When I think my clothes are dirty, I zap them in the garden fountain and use magic to blow all the water away at once. That's all it takes to remove the dirt along with the water.

 

He repeats this process and throws them away when they are worn out.

 

I nodded my head when he said, "I only need one piece of everyday clothing to dry before it dries. I knew he had a lot of neatly folded clothes in his wardrobe box.

 

Besides, I wondered why there was a drying area in the backyard.

 

I wondered if there was some meaning to the splendid cooking area and the barren field, which were not meant to be used. Maybe they put a lot of thought into the appearance of the house when they built it?

 

For me, I feel cleaner when I wash them thoroughly and hang them out in the sun, so I borrow the fountain and wash them by hand every day.

 

It's not a huge amount for two people, the laundry soap I use smells so good, and I enjoy the laundry itself.

 

Cleaning is much easier.

 

With one swipe of his hand, the wind that's created blows the dust and dirt out of the house.

 

So there's a broom in the house for some reason, even though he doesn't seem to need any cleaning supplies. There's also a rag.

 

I feel bad about not doing anything, so I wipe it down, but a quick wipe down will get it done in no time, because the room without the decorations is not so cluttered that it needs to be cleaned up.

 

...... It's a far cry from the life I've been leading.

 

I was able to find a way to make the most of my time at home with my father, who runs a tool shop, and my mother, who works as a servant at the village chief's house, by taking on all the household chores and taking care of the fields. I also took turns looking after the store during her father's breaks. I spent most of my free time after her parents returned home sewing.

 

That was the norm, and I never thought of myself as being busy.

 

So I was quite surprised by the way they spent their time here.

 

The laundry, the cleaning and the dish washing that I'm doing now can be done in an instant in his hands.

 

To put it bluntly, I was as good as playing mama's game.

 

The hectic routine was already far away. In just one month, my body seems to have learned to take it easy.

 

I was thinking about finding a job as a seamstress or living on my own away from the village, but when I got used to the comfort of the ...... unencumbered life, I didn't think I would be able to return to my normal routine. That's what I'm a little afraid of.

 

I can't rely on him any more than I have to. I will be corrupted.

 

I have to brace myself to be independent at all times. ......

 

Lana, it's finished.

 

With a huff, I hurriedly brought my sinking feelings to the surface.

 

He looked back over his shoulder with a wet plate in his hand.

 

I've finished rinsing and cleaning, all that's left to do is wipe it off.

 

He walks up to me and peers at me from behind.

 

I'm already quite used to the warmth I feel on my back. Or maybe I should say I've gotten used to it.

 

''Oh, no ...... is a bit dangerous, so could you please stay away?

 

If it's not safe, why don't you just put the plate down?

 

A laughing breath caresses my neck and I cower at the tickling feeling.

The weight of his chin on my shoulder as he held me softly in his arms. I can't move in this.

 

''Wait, I'm almost done cleaning up, eh?

 

I'm not gonna do anything.

 

Before the root of his whispered tongue was dry, his arms slid around.

 

The hand that had been holding her waist moved up her abdomen. A bulge was wrapped around in his hand aiming at her chest without any hesitation.

 

It was rubbed softly as it came close to me and I couldn't help but curl up my back.

 

Yah ...…

 

I'm warmed up, Fountain. Let's get in there.

 

Oh, you're going to be ...... with me today. ......?

 

If you know the answer, don't ask questions.

 

Huh!

 

He bit me sweetly on the nape of my neck and my shoulders jumped.

 

No, I'm going to drop the plate, eh?

 

A hand touching her chest through the cloth scooped up the bulge and shook it.

 

The other hand effortlessly undoes the clasp on her chest. Long fingers slipped into the clothing and began to boldly explore the bare skin.

 

The core of my body trembled at the prank that had been played on me, and my hand that held the plate and the rag was filled with strength.

 

 

 

Tl: lol. That’s all I have to say hahahaha.

 

[1] this is a type of dish with fish in it.

 

 

Comments