[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 12

Become a Patron!

 

Good Evening, Mr. Wolf 3

 

The horse that Siegfried brought was a completely different creature from the horse that Aria knew. First of all, the speed is unusual. In a blink of an eye, we left the castle and arrived at the next town. Both the horse and Siegfried continue to move with bottomless physical strength, so Aria, who is weak, struck out quickly.

 

While resting in the shade of a tree, my shoulders drooped. After sometime, I got into trouble again. Everyone is resting with their horses on their shoulders, but nobody looks tired. I'm sure he wasn't planning to take a rest.

 

 

"How are you?"

 

 

Siegfried looks at her with an anxious expression while presenting a water bottle with water. He, who was manipulating a horse while holding Aria, seems to be fine.

 

 

"Excuse me. Thank you."

 

 

I put my mouth on the water bottle I received and pour warm water into my throat. It wasn't exactly cold water, but it's enough to moisten my throat.

 

 

"I'm sorry. I should have taken more breaks on the way."

 

"No. I'm sorry for my self. Do you always move so fast?"

 

"I think it's rather slow today because of the carriage and luggage. I usually keep running in the daytime without a break."

 

"Don't you eat rice?"

 

"It's that normal. Horses run wild all day and night. You can't force us to ride it, but as long as it's bright, I want to gain as much distance as possible.

 

"After all, your physical strength is different."

 

"The races are different, and because Aria is a girl, I can't help it ... We’re about to leave, but is it okay?"

 

"Yes. I've had enough rest. In the afternoon, I will ride in the horse-drawn carriage."

 

 

I stand up with my shoulder dropped, and wipe off the dirt on my skirt. I was told that they would prepare a rug, but it's already dirty anyway. It won't change much if it gets a little dusty now.

 

 

"Was it fun?"

 

"eh?"

 

"Is it fun to ride on a horse?"

 

 

Siegfried holds the returned water bottle with one hand and lifts Aria with the other hand. She was held lightly with one arm and put her hands on his shoulder to reach his eyes.

 

 

"Yeah, it's so different! The scenery changes steadily. I've never been farther than the castle, so I'm glad I could see everything for the first time!"

 

"...I may slow down a little in the afternoon, and if you don't need a carriage?"

 

"But is it okay?"

 

"When we enter our country, the road gets steeper. It might be nice to enjoy a horseback riding date."

 

 

Siegfried heads for the horse with a slow pace. A quietly grass-grabbing horse raised his face as he noticed his master approaching.

 

 

"I'm staying in this next town at night. Not far from here. So it's best to go a little slower."

 

 

I was carried up on the horse again, and my buttocks sank in the leather cushion. The leather upholstery, which also functions as a non-slip material, is comfortable to sit on, and there is almost no pain in the hips even when riding for a long time.

 

 

"Do you like to see the flowers that bloom on the fields and the animals that pass by?"

 

"How do you know?"

 

"I thought you were watching it enthusiastically. If it's something you couldn't see before, you have to enjoy it because it's a matter of time."

 

 

Siegfried who jumped on the horse lightly took the reins to hold Aria's body. While feeling the body temperature transmitted from his close body, I wonder why this person is so kind. Is Lilianne really sympathizing with Aria, who is married to a foreign country, by accepting what she said?

 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

 

Siegfried tilts his head, perhaps because she looked up at him. Beautiful white silver hair shook lightly.

 

 

"In front of Siegfried, I just make mistakes, but I can do most of the things myself. For meals, I also prepare and eat simple foods."

 

"It's great."

 

 

I shake my head left and right. Not great. I did it because I needed it. At a table without my dad, he often left Aria's plate empty, no matter how long I waited. At that time, when everyone fell asleep, I sneaked into the kitchen and ate with bread and cold soup. Inevitably, I also learned how to use fire and kitchen knives. Although outright harassment has gone away so far, the exclusive maid, seamstress, and Aria who did not even have a mother had to do their own things.

 

A royal child whose father is the same king is determined by her mother's authority. Lilianne brought along so many companions because her mother was so powerful. Her mother comes from one of the most wealthy homes in the country and is the only queen. And Aria has lived in the opposite position to Lilianne, who is disliked by the "authoritative queen". I have survived properly in a suffocating world.

 

 

"It may seem unreliable to Siegfried, but I’m not that much of a child. I didn't cry once as I left my country."

 

 

Aria is different from her other brothers and sisters, even if she is the daughter of the king or the same "princess" in their position. I do not think that I can be happy in nature by marrying in a “good place”. It takes effort to be happy. Why do we need the power to live alone?

 

 

"I refused to take the maiden. I have you, but the maiden I bring may be alone?"

 

"... Aria is kind."

 

"No. I can't take responsibility."

 

"Responsibility?"

 

“As I said during this time, I'm not such a respectable person to be responsible for the happiness of others. I can't irresponsibly involve anyone.”

 

 

The horse slowly begins to move forward. Everyone was ready to leave. I learned that the gentle breeze rubbed my cheeks, and there was a slight heat. Even though Siegfried made a shadow with his body, her skin was burned by the occasional sunshine.

 

 

“But, on the contrary, I don't intend to make anyone responsible for my happiness, so I don't have to be kind.”

 

"Aria, it's okay."

 

 

Siegfried quietly opens his mouth. Grab words with a gentle voice, colored by a gentle smile.

 

 

"What is it?"

 

"I don't have an excuse to be kind to someone. It's not a bad thing to spit."

 

 

While talking, put on the cap that Siegfried took off on Aria's head. An oversized hat hindered me from seeing Siegfried's face.

 

 

"That's about it, you’re not weak."

 

 

I wonder why this person is so kind. The truth behind his words is easily captured. I wondered where it oozes out, even though I haven't told my father or anyone before.

 

 

"... Do you laugh if you really say you're a little worried?"

 

"I won't laugh. I just think you’re cute."

 

 

I cover myself with the borrowed cap deeply and hide my reddish face. I felt like crying when I raised my face now, and I bit my lips.

 

Tl: Awwwww…

 

<<prev      Table of Contents    next>>

 

Comments

  1. Man, that King was a terrible father. I could understand how she had a hard time growing up, but not being fed? Not one servant was loyal enough to the King to make sure that somehow she got food? Bruno could have at least made sure she had some simple food located where she lived. Thank you for the translation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment