[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 26: Fragment 4



Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~



"... Welcome back. How was it?"

The boy's hard voice echoed in the wide space.

The doors were opened and closed, and the air flow that stroked my cheeks changed for a short time.

“The giants go to the human world. The demon world is my responsibility.”

"Huh !? We are not strong enough to think about it now!"

“Don't complain about things that are fixed.

A beautiful low tone without inflection and a young voice that sounds impatient.

From the way the sound resonates, I expect that I was sleeping between the thrones as usual.

What were they fighting about?

"I'm in charge of Me-san ..."

"Hey ... what do you do, you can't sleep with anyone? A king who is obsessed with one person is unheard of, you know!?” (Lionel)

"Don't rely on other powers. If the total power doesn't increase, I can increase power individually." (Medismerut)

“I think it’s okay... we’ve been moistened so that we didn’t want to hunt after you were picked up.” (Lionel)

“So, you know.” (Medismerut)

The voices of the two approach me little by little as I listen to them tensely.

“…… .... The early stage of the production period will be all about the small fish we have thought of, so we can only eat from one end ...” (Lionel)

I was relieved at the words of Lionel.

When I was confusing "myself" and "the woman of a different world", I recall the story I heard from Medismerut.

The production period must be about the hero. The beginning may be a memory that went back a long way.

“That’s right. Tell everyone. ‘Don’t think I can give you my energy, be mad and hone yourself.’ if you can’t defend the throne, it’s over. At least until she wakes up, you must survive, anyway.” (Lionel)

"... Who has the option to take over the king?" (Medismerut)

"No. I was ordered." (Lionel)

Whether they were standing at the bedside, the conversation between the two approached overhead.

I felt that someone was gently stroking my head.

"... I'll scratch my feet even if I'm the last one." [1]

The determined deep voice resonated heavily in the quiet hall.


Demon tribes have a territory next to the Tayan Autonomous Region located at the border between the Demon World and the Human World. Because of the nature of eating dreams and feeding on souls, it is better to eat against humans than other demons. Vampires are also close to Tayan for the same race reasons, and many of them live in the opposite side across Tayan.

It is not uncommon for humans to enter the two territories, the place closest to the human world.

Most of the humans who step into the barrier [2] past Tayan are killed by both demons, wandering tribes, or wild plants.

 ――― The beginning has been abrupt.

A few hours ago, a strange person was reported to have strayed into the castle.

When I received the first report from my subordinate on the throne, I had only an "unusual" impression. It seems that he did not encounter the demons from Tayan to this castle, and he is quite lucky.

But Taka is a human being and only one person. I didn't think so deeply that I would end up being fascinated by a moderate person in no time.

So I heard the follow-up report and doubted my ears.

The intruder is aiming for the throne room. In addition, he has returned from one end to attack the demons that attacked him.

 Immediately, I came to a stop.

 The lower ones will be lowered, and the middle and higher ones will be sent for combat deployment. It was only a matter of time before Titch and Walt got on the plane to intercept him.…And yet ...

"I'll tell you! Mr. Walt ...!"

A notice of death [3] of a fourth-ranked demon came over without time.

I honestly couldn't believe it.

Isn't the intruder human? Walt is, of course, a man of skill as a demon, and is also an excellent user of physical arts in the clan. Comparable to the giants. However, it's almost human ...!?

“Titch!?”

“Now in battle!”

One of the three pillars supporting me broke and the other pillar was in the middle of interception.

Lionel, the last pillar, was sent to a distant place in a hurry. He was supposed to return today but until now, he hasn’t returned yet. Contrary to what he saw, he drew on his mind a young man who has lived for a long time.

As a bedtime story of the past, I heard from Lionel the story of the past Demon King.

The blood inside my body ran cold as I thought of the worst assumption.

"... No way."

Medismerut, who was standing next to the throne, suddenly stood up and came out before me to turn blue. He looks back over his shoulder then looks up.

The childish beauty had on a rugged and haggard look.

It was an instant that we looked at each other.

 Dogoaaa!

Large door was shattered with a roar. A blast of wind rushes to both ends, avoiding me and Medismerut. From the throne of the barrier he spun on, he looked down at the rising smoke.

 What appeared was a human --- a man.

The man with repeated rough breaths while holding a sword with one hand randomly released the luggage on his other hand. What was thrown to the floor with a thud was a beautiful woman whose bright blue hair lined with white mesh was dyed red and black.

"--Titch!"

…It has been a little less than 10 years since the day I found the value of the young man I picked up whimsically and made him a half-demon. Medismerut responded wonderfully to my expectations. His growth was fun and happy, and he worked hard day and night.

The pleasure of the Demon King boosts the abilities of the demon tribe as a whole.

The subordinates should have accumulated power at an unprecedented speed. However, Walt and even Titch, who is second only to me, lost.

“The Founder’s Hero.”

 No one can give me a clear answer.

Medismerut spread his arms out of his throne and lifted his back.


My field of view changed in the blink of an eye.

I couldn't comprehend the situation and just blinked a few times.

Soaring dust.

A large, shattered door.

Medismerut standing in front of me, entrusted to the throne.

A tense atmosphere, as if the past was traced.

"--- I can't move as it is."

He turned his back and his beautiful deep voice sounded harsh.

Lionel, standing several steps below, is still lurking in his usual light tone.

It is Fuka-chan, who usually has the ceiling in place, that causes the vines to lie on the floor in the center of the hall.

Looking at them in order ... I also turn my eyes to where they look.

Overcoming the large debris of the torn door, a stranger made a step toward the throne.

"... Isn't the king of the giant alone enough?" (Medismerut)

The first person who spoke was Medismerut.

"You've been so fiercely rampant in my castle, Sage Hero." (Medismerut)

“I'm not a hero. Only people who have an illusion calls me that way. The title of sage was only given in the flow of the place.” (sage hero)

 The voice that replied was calm enough to float in this place.

It’s surprising, Demon King. The Giant King challenged a battle without any questions, but you can afford to exchange words.” (sage hero)

“I don’t go around having muscles for brains. It’s unpleasant.” (Medismerut)

The confronting demons are fierce, but the hero's pace does not collapse. Is it just his character or is it a quiet intimidation?

I shook my head awake and woke up to lean on the throne.

 "Sage Hero"

I have heard. Yes, a hero who consulted about measures a while ago was called.

While desperately watching the touch-prompt atmosphere, I desperately recalled a memory.

 ――― A sage from the Holy Kingdom, a hero who has mastered sorcery. A terrible human who overcame his weaknesses by giving himself the magic of body enhancement.

The other day I heard that they were invading the giants for the ridiculous reason of "I want the giant king's toenails". According to the current Medismerut’s story, the Giant King may have already been defeated by his hand.

At that time, I was able to conclude that he was trying to take him out of the Demon World using the hero’s unpleasant “food hobby”.

Lionel seemed to give instructions to his subordinates, but he did not know what happened after that.

It's ambiguous if I sleep and wake up repeatedly and I don’t how many days have passed since that day. I couldn't afford to hear it, so I think Lionel didn't bring me any additional information as well----

"I asked you today, you have something I want." (sage hero)

The hero pats the dust on his jacket with his hand.

There was no tension as if he was just talking as he normally would.

"I don't like to get tired, I'm the best at fighting demons." (sage hero)

The long stanchion* was held on the hero’s hand as he straightened his shoulders, making a refreshing sound.
(*an iron staff like what Robin in Teen Titans Go! uses.)
 
"I will refrain from useless battles if I can get it." (sage hero)

The face with freckles made a smile that appealed greatly to people.



[1] he was probably saying here that he would remain standing even if he was the last one protecting her.
[2] Originaly mtled as takai.
[3] Originally mtled as obituary.

Comments