[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 29

Become a Patron!

An extra chap for you precious peeps~


I Like You, Mr. Wolf 3

 

Siegfried sometimes leaves the castle. It can't be said that it should be stopped because it's embarrassed only by the circumstances, as it is performed in close coordination with Aria's ovulation cycle. What I recently noticed is that there is another time when Siegfried disappears.

 

At the beginning, I didn't know that he was suffering from the ovulation cycle of Aria. However, as the days passed, there was a discrepancy between the two cycles. Yes, Siegfried is gone even at the full moon.

 

She gazes at the hatefully round moon through the window of her room and drops her eyes on the book spread on the desk. The desk by the window was so illuminated that the moon was too bright and no lamp was needed.

 

"There is a full moon, so I spend less time with Sieg."

 

I puffed up my cheeks, knowing that it's about eight. The books I have read so far do not mention the relationship between the black beast and the phases of the moon. But when I asked Lars at noon, he told me that Siegfried wasn't feeling well on a full moon day. Siegfried, Lars, and everyone else are basically kind, but when it comes to this topic, their words are muddy.

 

They know that I don't want to be touched, so they don't even ask Aria deeply. But I haven't stopped searching for what I want to know, so I go to the library every day. I was grateful that no one would say that it was a waste.

 

They are aware that it's Aria. The books in the archive are dusty because no one has touched them for a long time. Because they neglected to touch it. The dust-covered books had the marks that they were opened many times and were read to the point where they were worn out.

 

When Siegfried or perhaps the throwback before he was born. Everyone tried their best to avoid the sad things that could happen to them. After all my efforts, it was no good. Therefore, they locked the library regardless of the dust so that I couldn't look at it.

 

I often thought that it might be useless, or it might be all useless. Still, I can't stop going to the library. No matter how little hope I had, I didn't want to let go of myself anymore.

 

As I read the book, I noticed that the sun was rising above the sky. The sun shining through the window shattered my cheeks and woke me up.

 

"Should not……!"

 

Siegfried is very concerned about getting up late in the morning after spending too much time at night. The habit of staying in the room until late also causes Lars to report whether Aria has properly appeared in the morning dining room.

 

I was just scolded for failing to eat breakfast. It may soon be forbidden to enter and leave the library.

 

Checking the clock in a hurry, I stroked my heart a little while before noon. At this time, they can be deceived. Lars is too serious, and when she asks him to keep it secret, he sweats like a waterfall. When I saw how sad he was and how muddy it was, I quickly gave up asking for Lars' cooperation.

 

The wounds on my neck and arms were no longer painful, leaving only itchiness. I still didn't remove the gauze, because the dry scars were still there. In the eyes of Siegfried today, this scar would look terribly painful.

 

I choose a blouse with long sleeves so that the gauze that covered the scar is hidden. As Aria wears only blue, she was already packed with a lot of blue clothes in her closet. The dress I brought from my home country was moved to the dressing room as something I wouldn't use for the time being.

 

I choose a bright blue jumper skirt from a lot of blue clothes. I used a completely familiar hand to tighten the lace-up ribbon on my chest and wipe my face with a damp towel.

 

I comb my hair in front of the mirror and carefully put the hair band on my head. I want to wear the same clothes as him so that they look cute. His gold eyes glow gently only when he praises Aria for being cute. So today, I’ll have a lot of compliments and I get back the colors that are kind to ones eyes.

 

After getting ready, I hurried out of the room and headed to the dining room. Breakfast must be stuffed into the stomach before Siegfried comes out of the room. Running through the corridor while flipping my skirt, I fell into the dining room. I found the back of Lars and tried to talk to him, and I noticed another person and widened my eyes.

 

"Victor-san [1]! Why are you here?"

 

"Aria, it's been a while,"

 

It was Victor, who was supposed to be in his own country, heading to the table with Lars. With the same gentle smile as when she last saw Victor, he noticed Aria and stood up.

 

"We were appointed by Siegfried and visited as a messenger."

 

Victor's beautifully bowed words just confuse me. I did not hear that a messenger will come. When I turned suspicious of Lars, he suddenly turned away. Inevitably, I returned to Victor for an explanation.

 

"The letter has arrived. When Aria-sama was injured ... I'd like to give an apology and an opportunity to talk about the future."

 

"What's next?"

 

"Since the details of the bilateral alliance have not been decided yet. I visited there last time, so this time I decided to send a messenger from here."

 

"Yes ... sorry. I didn't know anything."

 

"Isn't it a lot harder? you feel more energetic than I expected."

 

It was gently pointed out that the edge of my skirt was bent and rolled, and her cheeks reddened, hurriedly trimming the hem. I fixed my hair that had been disheveled and turned to Victor again.

 

"When did you arrive, Mr. Victor? I wonder if anyone else is with you. Maybe Bruno-san is also here?"

 

"This time my dad isn't accompanying me. He’s busy back home ... also, here."

 

"……A letter?"

 

"I think Aria should read it."

 

I receive the white envelope that was presented and take out the notepaper contained in it. The brief text was about an apology for injuring Aria and a change in alliance conditions.

 

"This country has offered to return Aria as part of their apology."

 

"This is ... it's so strange. Because I’m not a thing ... I’m not a thing, so it's a problem to be exchanged so easily."

 

"It wasn't easy, so I came to pick you up. Although I'm still a young man, I came to pick you up as the son of the Prime Minister--a representative of the country."

 

"Came to pick me up..."

 

I keep my eyes on the contents of the letter while listening to Victor's voice. Following the same sentences many times and placed words that I can't swallow on my lips. It is said that the werewolf was considering maximal concessions for the alliance between the two countries as a price to inflict damage on the princess they had kept. They want to return Aria to the country without marrying a marriage that has a stronger meaning as a hostage. If possible, it is spelled out that she should marry a person with a promised position in the future-Victor.

 

"This is their choice. Don't you think it's an incredible condition for us?"

 

"Suddenly ... Isn't it annoying for Victor?"

 

"I don't care. Aria-sama seems to be cute .... I said that before, too."

 

"But that is ..."

 

It must have been an excuse to end the engagement with Lilianne. Asking that with his gaze, Victor just laughed calmly.

 

"If that country is hard for you to live, you can move to another place."

 

"Victor-san."

 

"I was thinking of applying for marriage after you were alone ... I never thought that Lilianne would have decided to marry me."

 

"I don't know what you're talking about, Victor."

 

"I've always liked you," he said.

 

In the same gentle smile that I saw when I was young, eyes with a strong will stare at Aria.

 

"So I don't care. Whatever choice you make, it's okay if you're happy."

 

Everything was so sudden that it was almost impossible to keep up. The squeezed letter made a wrinkle and easily crumpled.

 

I didn't want the expensive jewelry that my sisters could wear, which I was looking at from the wall. I didn't want a gorgeous dress prepared for glory, nor a hand presented with a tender word. There is something more important and dear than that. I can't reach it just because I want it from my throat.

 

 

Tl: Oh, no…

 

[1] I just decided to change the honorifics to Japanese terms since Mr. Sounded too awkward (for me) but definitely tell me your thoughts on this.

 

   <<prev      Table of Contents     next>>

Comments

  1. Que reviravolta e o que vai acontecer estou mais animada pra saber. Obrigada pelo esforço e trabalho duro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart is hurting :((
    the honorifics are fine either way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment