[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 25

Become a Patron!

 

Where Are You, Mr. Wolf 3

 

I thought it was really the first time. The second time, I really thought that was the case. And today is the third time.

 

 

"I'm counting on ... He's absolutely aware of my ovulation cycle...!"

 

 

Aria, who was staring at the calendar, covered her bright red face with both hands. Siegfried sometimes goes away. He disappears for a few days and then returns as if nothing had happened. That cycle is perfectly consistent with Aria’s ovulation cycle.

 

Since there was such a thing, I think he probably considered my safety. But it's too embarrassing. Siegfried has been vacating the castle for four days. As usual, he should be back tomorrow. After knowing that he already knew my ovulation cycle, what kind of face should I make when we meet?

 

The date has changed, but I can't sleep at all. Aria gave up sleeping and raised her body from the bed.

 

A shawl is draped over her nightgown, and the whistle given by Lars is hung from her neck. If I forget this, Rebecca will scold me. While I was at the mirror stand, I combed my hair and left the room with a small lamp. Since I can't sleep at all, let's continue looking for things in the library. It's a lot more meaningful than having to worry about being in a room.

 

 

When I reached the library, I pick up the reading book and put the lamp on the floor. As it was, I sat down on the floor and desperately followed the letters in the dim light.

 

Tentatively, there is a small desk and chair in the library, but the books I plan to read next are so high that I can't read them. I am just sitting on the floor of the library, so before I knew it, the inside of the library was cleaned cleanly. A fluffy rug has come to be laid on a corner of the floor. Thanks to her kindness, Aria is reading the book.

 

I'm used to reading old literature, so I can turn pages much faster than before. But still one fifth. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I just feel frustrated as days pass. With Siegfried's loss of energy day by day, and the fact that he has been spending less time with me, I just want to do something but I can't do anything.

 

 

"... What?"

 

 

Suddenly, I raise my face as if I heard the sound of a beast. When I listened carefully, I heard a howl-like sound, although it was faint.

 

After hesitating a little, I put a bookmark between the books I was reading and put it back to the top of the shelf. I pick up the lamp on the floor and gently push the door of the library open. It is hard to hear because the beast's growling is cluttered, as if it is confined in a closed space. But from a very close place-I feel like I can hear it from within the castle, and I proceed in the direction of its voice.

 

I've never heard of having the castle having a pet. Perhaps the animal that came down from the mountain was trapped somewhere and called for help. It may be injured and suffering. The cry of the beast had a sad sound.

 

I proceed down the hallway while listening carefully to find it soon. When I went down to the garden, the cold air stabbed my skin. Even in early summer, it gets cold at night. Wearing a shawl on a thin nightgown is a bit unfortunate.

 

I use my free hand to rub against the front of the shawl and proceed through the garden. The well-maintained lawn made a rustling noise. The sound of the beast is approaching. The closer I came, the more it sounded more like a "cry" rather than a growl.

 

I go alone in the garden, as if pressing my back. The reason why one lamp feels bright enough is because today is a full moon. A large round moon floats in the clear blue sky.

 

 

"Where are you……?"

 

 

I heard a sad cry as if to answer my question. I turn my foot towards the creature that heard my voice, and stomp on the grass again. When I walked, I found a small tower that casts a black shadow. It's an old tower surrounded by a fence so that it's almost alienated.

 

I stop before the fence and look around. I can't find that kind of appearance. Maybe the beast is in the tower. The tightly constructed fence wasn't very easy, but it was unlikely that Aria could overcome it.

 

 

"Someone ... Is there a watchman or someone if I go to the gate?"

 

 

The moment when I released my hand from the fence and try to return the way I came, from behind, I heard something breaking. You can hear four footsteps of stepping on the grass.

 

I felt like I shouldn't turn around, but on the other hand, I really wanted to turn around. I wanted to see what it was.

 

There was a big beast at the turn. While swaying the silver-white fur in the moonlight, it passed through the gap in the broken fence and come towards me. The red earrings were shaking near the beast's ears. The golden eyes capture the appearance of Aria. A gentle breeze blew through the lawn while stroking it.

 

The figure illuminated by the moonlight was so beautiful that I took a step forward without knowing it. I can hear the sound of stepping on grass from my own feet.

 

 

"Siegfried ...?"

 

 

There was no reply. Instead, the silver body bounced flexibly. When I thought about it, sharp fangs were digging into my arm. The torn skin sprinkled red blood. The beast covered my body lying on the ground. He bares his bloody fangs and makes a horrifying growl.

 

She twisted her knee and trembled her body. It was the small silver flute hanging from her neck that she grabbed. With a throat narrowed by fear, she spins a thin scream hard. The faint sound created through the silver flute is drawn into the night air and disappears.

 

 

 

A strong shock is applied to the nape of the neck, and the area in front of her is stained red. In the intense pain that hit her the next moment, she dropped her whistle and screamed unvoiced.

 

Fear broke through her skin and dug deep into her body. Aria was about to be "eaten". A beast that cast a black shadow was about to bite herself.

 

 

 

She didn't know what happened after that. When she realized it, Aria was held in Rebecca's arm and shed tears and trembled. He was surrounded by men wearing military uniform, who rushed to hear the sound of the whistle. Where did the sad howl come from? I didn't know until the end.

 

T/n: Oh, no…


  <<prev      Table of Contents    next>>

 

Comments