[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 30

Become a Patron!

 

I Like You, Mr. Wolf 4

 

I don't have the energy to go to the library, and I cover my skin in the closed room. I was holding my knees in one corner of a bed that was too wide, and I was desperately trying not to cry. I visited Siegfried's room, but no matter how much I knocked on the door, he didn't show his face.

 

I'm just defeated by the fact that I was the only one who wanted to find a way to live together. He said he liked it. The lips that touched Aria told her that he really liked it. I seem like an idiot to believe in that word and work hard until now.

 

Siegfried does not want to live with Aria. On the contrary, he is trying to get rid of Aria in a terrible way. It's not such a terrible story to touch that breeze and marry another man.

 

Unbearable tears rolled down one cheek, creating a small stain on the sheets. I put my hand on the hair band I’ve been wearing and trace the same pattern on my chest with my fingers. Aria was happy when she got this. Being by his side---I felt like I was asked to be on his side. Even so, when I opened the lid, it was just farewell. Bran is also a good place to be.

 

Papata. 

 

Tears spilling out spread the stain on the sheets. I continue to shed a lot of tears to find out when the lacrimal gland became loose. I haven't cried like this for a long time, and I don't know how to stop. The sound of sneezing and snorting echoed in the room, and there was no way to do it, and I closed my eyes.

 

How long did I do that? When I don't know what time it is, I raise my face to the sound of knocking on the door of the room. I seemed to be lying down without realizing it, and I noticed that the outside of the window was dyed with a sunset color.

 

I'm frightened that all these things are happening these days, but I hurriedly wipe away the tears and head for the door. I wasn't expecting Siegfried to be there, so I immediately shook my head off. He doesn't come. He didn't want to see Aria. I'm sure he'll stay in his room and wait for Aria to leave this country.

 

As expected, Victor stood by the open door, holding a small basket with a sweet scent.

 

"I heard that you didn't have breakfast, so you’re probably hungry."

 

As soon as she smelled a delicious smell, Aria’s stomach made a growling noise making her cheeks red. Suddenly she remembered my hunger she didn't feel, and her stomach screamed.

 

"Thank you. I'm sorry to have bothered you."

 

I invited Victor into the room and put a thin plate between the doors to prevent it from closing completely. I say the words of gratitude again, with the same concern as when I was in my own country.

 

"Lars will bring you tea later. You’ll feel more comfortable with a hot drink."

 

A gentle smile and a gentle voice. For a long time, Victor was like her brother. The reason why love didn't grow up was probably because Aria was looking for a "family". She also thought that his kindness was due to his personality---from the position of being the Prime Minister's son. She never dreamed that the day would come when she would be confessed to.

 

"As I mentioned earlier ..."

 

I met Victor, who was sitting on the sofa, and looked down without knowing what to do.

 

"I really don't care either."

 

"But I don’t have a beautiful body."

 

"I don't care if it's a scratch."

 

"That's not all ..."

 

Put the combined hands on the lower abdomen and mutter the words. Although my fiancé was my partner, she did not formally marry him, but she gave his body as soon as possible, which is impossible as a royal family. There are many visible and invisible scratches in Aria today.

 

"No matter what I hear, my feelings won't change."

 

I was so tired that I felt like I was inadvertently bound by a nostalgic voice that echoed gently. Siegfried remains stubbornly closed. He doesn't give me a chance to get in. It may be easier to leave here with Victor than to cling to a hope that you may or may not have.

 

She seems to be swept away by such an idea, and bites her lips so as not think of ridiculous things. Someone once said that first love cannot come true. Aria's first love is about to end without being fulfilled. She’s about to leave this hand, leaving her body and mind scratched.

 

"I'll make you happy."

 

I was relieved by his gently spun words. I raise my face and stare straight into Victor's face. One time, Siegfried asked me. I was asked if I wanted them to be happy.

 

"No. I'm ... happy at all."

 

I put the words I used to speak on my lips again. Want to be happy. But I don't want someone to be happy. It was none other than Aria who decided so.

 

Perhaps it would make me happy if I go with Victor. Calm, peaceful, gentle days may come. It would be very close to the form of happiness that Aria wanted.

 

In the past, that was an unexpected offer that I would have received in two replies. But I already know. I knew more intense and spoiled happiness than peaceful days.

 

"Does Victor think I look unhappy now?"

 

"... No. You've never been miserable by the environment."

 

"Right? I may be small, but I'm not that soft."

 

While thinking, I speak the words carefully.

 

"I am happy with Victor-san’s feelings, but I don't think it would be a thing I would do, to return to the country as it is because I haven't done anything yet."

 

Expensive jewelry, gorgeous dresses, and palms presented with gentle words. I don't need all that stuff. I only want one. I want Siegfried. I want the right to walk next to him and to be with him in the future. I can throw away everything else if I can be next to him, gently gazing at his golden eyes.

 

"I will be happy here. I can't go with Victor because I've already decided."

 

I wait for Victor's reaction. There is silence in the room for a moment, and then a small, exhaling sound is heard. He just smiled calmly at Aria, and looked down at her.

 

"Yes. I think I should be more like that."

 

"……Thank you"

 

I bid farewell to one of the possible futures. I want happiness that I can win for myself rather than happiness that I am given. Even if I don't get what I want, I don't want to put the responsibility on anyone. It's a path of my own choosing, shaking off my gentle hands. No matter how hurt I may become, I should be able to swallow even that and be happy.

 

The chewy cookie had a bittersweet coffee taste.

 

 

Tl: Honestly, I agree with Aria on her views. One must be tenacious and achieve happiness on your own rather than rely on someone else for your happiness. Only then can you be satisfied because your happiness is decided by you and you alone, even if the path that leads to that happiness is thorny and painful.

 

Anyways folks, thanks for reading this. I really appreciate you guys a LOT especially the few peeps who support me on Patreon. You’re donations really help a lot~

 

Muah! Lots of love~

 

-Lazy_Miss Saya

 

   <<prev      Table of Contents     next>>

Comments

  1. Thank you I really enjoy this story. It’s great to see Aria take her life in her own hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  2. I feel for siegfried, but aria is wayyy too good for him
    TY for the translations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this novel💕❗❗ thanks for translate💖🙇💕❗❗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment