[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 20

Become a Patron!

 

Look This Way, Mr. Wolf 2

 

Since the contents of the plate served in front of her are stored silently in her stomach, Siegfried sits next to Aria, who quietly shut her mouth.

 

 

"Aria, did you say that? I can't really accept what my older brother says. Aria is cute even if it's small, so no problem?"

 

 

The word "small" was slipped by the hand and the knife hit the plate. I gaze at Siegfried with my eyes lifted.

 

 

"Small is superfluous"

 

"Sorry……"

 

 

Siegfried looks down. Erenfried, who had finished his meal earlier, was laughing at Aria with a his cheek on the table.

 

 

"What do you do when you're taken by such a little girl?"

 

"Brother!"

 

 

Since he sees Aria sliding her hand again, Siegfried rushes out loud. Aria pretended not to care and quietly took the fork to her mouth.

 

I am used to pretending to be calm. When I was spending time in my own castle, I was exposed to many more unpleasant dialogues. I acted so much that I wouldn't mind, so it would be strange to be upset by words like this. While saying in his mind that "the one who cares is the loser", she carries the last piece of bacon to her mouth.

 

 

"It's a little bit, but you eat unexpectedly."

 

"……Thank you."

 

"I don't mean to praise it separately."

 

 

Although I smiled gently, my cheeks were tight again. Erenfried hasn't tried to hide his grinning smile for a long time.

 

 

"I also brought my fiance."

 

 

─ Siegfried speaks abruptly, “Eh?” His gentle brows are tighter than usual, probably because of confusion.

 

 

"Fiance? Older brother?"

 

"What's with that face. Even though you say you're getting married, It won't look good if I'm single all the time."

 

"But I think you've been running around until now."

 

"I changed my mind."

 

"I changed my mind ... you can easily say that I brought you to that, but where did she come from?"

 

"You know well, it's Rebecca."

 

"Rebecca?"

 

"Have you forgotten?"

 

"I haven't forgotten it, but why do you want to meet her again?

 

"I told you. I felt like that."

 

 

Since an unknown name came out, I turned my eyes to the next for an explanation. Siegfried seemed to immediately notice the sight of Aria.

 

 

"Rebecca is my older brother's childhood friend. She is an excellent swordsman and has always been a high-ranking regular in swordplay competitions."

 

"She's amazing."

 

"A strong woman would be better if you got married anyway?"

 

 

The words of Erenfried are added to the explanation of Siegfried.

 

 

"... What does that mean?"

 

"Yeah? Ah, no, I didn't blame you for what you looked at was so fragile and weak."

 

"Brother!"

 

 

Those who have some kind of flair resistance. However, this man's way of talking strangely disturbs me. At the same time as Aria's face turned red, a dignified voice echoed from behind.

 

 

"Erenfried! Are you having fun with the girls!"

 

 

It was a tall beauty who appeared in the dining room with rough shoes. Twenty centimeters or more taller than Aria, the woman has long bronze hair tied high in the back of her head. You can see that she was well trained even from above her clothes, and her toned body is a beauty that you will love.

 

 

"Rebecca. Where were you going?"

 

"It's supposed to be a morning exercise. If I’m dating a lazy person like you, I'll feel dull."

 

 

With a large sword on her waist, a tall beautiful woman---Rebecca looks at every person on the table and becomes a standing woman.

 

 

"If you're done eating, you're forever lazy. Time is limited!"

 

 

She stiffened her neck to the reprimanding voice that often passes. Siegfried scooped up where she was about to fall, trying to jump from a chair that was too expensive. I think the furniture in this country cannot be too big.

 

 

"Is this your princess? Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

 

 

Rebecca's voice softens when she sees Aria held up by Siegfried. I was stared at by the cool sky blue eyes, and my heart pounded. Rebecca looks like Aria's ideal "independent woman", with her straight back and gorgeous features that seem to have a strong will.

 

 

"I'm Rebecca Gouzenbauer. I've become that man's fiancé there for some reason, but I usually belong to the army that protects the western border."

 

 

Siege fleet's chest is pierced and asked to put it down on the floor. I picked up my navy blue skirt and gently lowered my head to avoid rudeness.

 

 

"Nice to meet you, Rebecca. I came from the eastern country as a fiancé for Siegfried. I am Aria Chronia Phillip."

 

"... So small."

 

 

 

I drop my shoulders to the muttered words. Rebecca panicked as she saw Aria's depression.

 

 

"No, it's not a bad thing. You see, the beauty of being small and cute isn't it?"

 

 

Kneeling, Rebecca takes Aria's right hand and drops a kiss on the back of her hand.

 

 

"Hey, you're a pretty princess, right?"

 

 

When she saw the blushing Aria, Cerulean blue eyes laughed.

 

 

"Rebecca ... stop trying to seduce Aria."

 

"You can say something interesting."

 

"I'm really saying that."

 

"Let's do good. So, where did this cute princess come from? I thought she was a girl with a tighter look when I saw it in a painting."

 

"That's Aria's older sister. She didn't like marrying the dog prince."

 

"Well, it's a normal reaction ... Aria-sama, if you have any problems, please feel free to call me."

 

"Thank you."

 

 

The body that I got down was held from behind. I hated being lifted up, so I could hold my cheeks with both hands.

 

 

"Please stop!"

 

"Because ..."

 

"I'm very close. I haven't given any notice, but have you decided on a date for the marriage?"

 

"I think we'll wait until Aria grows up for the marriage."

 

 

When I heard the story again, I attached my hands to my chest. When I felt like someone was looking at me, I lifted my face and Erenfried smiled laughingly.

 

 

"Certainly it's also small."

 

 

Aria, who did not expect to be pointed out directly, dyes her face red with shame and anger. Blood was rising too much on my head and I was shaking up to my feet. When I cling to Siegfried next to me, he can rest his big palm on my head.

 

 

"My brother, Aria seems to be very concerned. There are good and bad things to tell the truth, so you have to be careful."

 

"... I think your way of saying it is usually terrible."

 

 

Rebecca's merciful line of sight is poured on her chest. Aria can only tremble with a red face.

 

 

"I'm sure she will grow up soon. How old is Aria?"

 

 

I reply to Rebecca, who made a bright and purposeful voice, while lying down.

 

 

"Yes. I'm 16 years old this year."

 

 

Silence fell into the room. She leans inward as to whether something strange is said. But without any thought, Aria was just asked her age and she answered. I haven't read mackerel and I don't have any problems.

 

 

"... Maybe people have different age numbers."

 

"Oh, oh yeah, maybe it's ...?"

 

"You can change the way you ask. Aria, how many years ago were you born?"

 

"Um, about 16 years ago, but ..."

 

 

Since the silence falls into the room again. When I raised my face as if it were one, the gaze of three people was focused on Aria. Checked many times from top to bottom, you can apply force to your finger while clinging to Siegfried.

 

 

"16 ... 16 years old? Is this small? 16?"

 

 

 

Since he is upset, Siegfried is stroking Aria's head. The hair that should have been tied neatly became messed up in no time.

 

 

"... Hey, are the people growing up so late?"

 

"Eh? Well, if you're a girl, it's about the first half of your teens ..."

 

"Then Aria's height will no longer grow?"

 

 

I was surprised and looked up at Siegfried. I finally realized the mistake. As he said, "Let's get married when I grow up" was not about chest but about height. In other words, Aria, who can grow taller and has only a few millimeters left, can't become his official bride even if it takes a lifetime.

 

 

"I'm sorry! I didn't know, so I'd be surprised and I'd be cute even at that height! So don't look like that ...!"

 

 

I was hugged and kissed on my forehead, but I can not recover while being beaten up.

 

 

"You met a lot of other people, right? I didn't realize that she wouldn't grow tall anymore."

 

"It won't grow anymore ..."

 

"Brother! No, because Aria was by far the smallest!"

 

"Sieg ..."

 

"Oh, no, it doesn't mean that!"

 

"So what did you mean by that?"

 

"That's ... that Aria is cute ..."

 

"Similar to us, human races have different physiques among races .... is it different?"

 

"No, that's right. Especially, I seem to have a mother from a race of a small body, and my body is small."

 

"I'm a kid in the human race."

 

"Chinchikurin ..." [1]

 

"Brother! Don't say too much! Aria may cry!"

 

"I'm sorry. My mouth slipped."

 

 

From Erenfried, who laughed at me, I don't feel any sign of badness. The lips are distorted by the naive look of Aria.

 

 

"Surely 16 years old ...? Then you don't have to wait for marriage."

 

"That's right ... yes."

 

"There's no point delaying it in vain. Make a quick date. It's hard to adjust your schedule."

 

"……Alright."

 

"Okay, this place is open. As Rebecca says, it's a waste of time to hang out forever after a meal."

 

 

Erenfried stood up and everyone's feet naturally headed for the corridor. Aria, who is still hugged by Siegfried, is carried down into the corridor. Siegfried, who said, "Alright", was pretty crisp. What's more, I get depressed.

 

 

"Siegfried."

 

"Is there anything yet?"

 

"I've come to a resort in the west."

 

"... That?"

 

 

The voice was tingling with air. It's a voice that doesn't look like Siegfried. For a moment, silence fell, then Erenfried shook his head slightly.

 

 

"No, that's it."

 

 

I wanted to see what Erenfried looked like, but soon I found myself smiling with upturned lips.

 

 

"I'll open the castle again soon, but I'll put Rebecca instead."

 

"Ms. Rebecca?"

 

"She’s a rude girl, but could about to talk to women who have a princes as their fiance."

 

 

Erenfried walks off easily, shaking his hand from his back towards Aria. After all, he is the man as explained by Siegfried in advance. I am nervous and have a bad mouth. But maybe he's not a bad person. I thought about such things while looking at his gradually disappearing back.

 

Tl: I’m liking Rebecca already. I always love a chill and strong female character. I just wish I also have her height as I’m also of short stature. Can someone pls. Donate me some height? Anyone?

 

[1] this is an Okonomiyaki. Maybe this description implies something like a dwarf or something? Or someone who has a short stature?

 

  <<prev      Table of Contents    next>>

Comments

  1. Chinchikurin (ちんちくりん) is just another way os saying "shorty". Much like chibi.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment