[Goddess, Help Me!] Chapter 30: Past



Be warned that this was MTLed and then polished to a comprehensible state. Content may not be the same as the original but the context and the original meaning are kept (hopefully) the same.

Enjoy~


Medismerut brought me to a spring. [1]

It is located right under the throne, but it isn’t covered with darkness even if it is underground. Rather, I feel that it is a little brighter than I remember.

There are a lot of aquatic plants that emit light among the waters of the underground spring, but the amount may have increased since the time I was Demon King.

I was gently lowered to the edge of the spring.

I raised the hem of my dress and soaked both legs in the water up to my knees. Somehow, it feels warm. I used to feel a little cold and I wonder if the water temperature has risen…or is it because I have a low body temperature?

I stirred the water with the tip of my toe while the sound of clanging metal resounded from behind me.

After removing his ornaments, Medismerut entered quietly in the spring’s edge. When I hurriedly turned away from his figure, overlapping ripples occurred on the waters surface irregularly.
 
"Thank you for waiting." (Medismerut)

The man walked up slowly, lowering his head looking at the surface of the water. With his lower body immersed in water, he gently picked me up. The young man’s hand pulled out a red bangle, making a small noise at the edge of the spring.

His long hair that swayed in the spring was softly shining in the low light as it reached the bottom. I was fascinated by it’s vague and dull beauty, but I returned to reality when Medismerut scooped my feet up.

"I'm okay, so ... Mae, cure your body."

The water in the spring heals tired bodies. For mental fatigue, the recovery rate is higher when you are near the throne, but physical damage is healed more rapidly when soaking the affected area of your body in the spring.

I don't know for certain whether this effect is achieved because it is located directly beneath the throne room, or if, on the contrary, the castle was designed to be placed directly above the fountain.

"I'm tired."

Long fingers slip from between the fingers to the soles so that he can apply thick water. It was pressed with exquisite force and I exhaled a little.

Nostalgic. I used to let him massage like this before. ...... I didn't do anything like this on my own.

I think it has changed.

Medismerut, who was blunt and rarely spoke a lot of words, the environment surrounding the demons and the clan, and myself.

"By the way ... I think I'll sleep ..." 

"That's not a problem." (Medismerut)

After finishing one leg, the hand that had rubbed the opposite sole went up to the calf. The water that Medismerut squirted with one hand is hung on the knee.

"That dress is" 

Wet, and the voice that tried to continue disappeared before it could come out of my throat.

His hands sneak in from the rolled up hem. I pressed down the dress with a hand that moved as if spreading thick drops (tl: wut?). but the intruder crawls through the cloth without worrying about my resistance.

The tight dress that revealed the lines of my body clearly emphasized the shape of his hand. My cheeks immediately reddened at the sight.

I suddenly feel his eyes and I gaze back at him.

Medismerut stopped his hands along his thighs and stared closely at my head with his back bent.

"What……?" 

"The royal horn is growing." (Medismerut)

"Oh ... I guess my memory is back ..."

I put my hand on my left ear so as to disguise my embarrassment.

Unlike the horns on the youth's head, mine has not yet hardened. When I touched it gently, it was like elastic skin.

Although there were still some blank areas in my past, I finally regained my memory just before going to sleep. Therefore, the royal horn, which is proof of being a Demon King, appeared.

...... No, is this expression wrong? The Demon King is Medismerut, and I gave him power. This horn is a mess.


(tl: this was the memory the MC was talking about ~)

―――― Medismerut regained my consciousness by calling my name, which I was about to lose. However, it created a chance and he was pierced by the hero’s sword.

Before the founder’s hero tried to let go of the sword and create distance, Medismerut grabbed the man’s shoulder and struck his fist which transformed into a sharp blade straight towards his heart.
 
 ...... It was a great match.

The barrier disappeared, probably because the person who exercised the technique suffered dying damage.

I ran down the stairs and ran towards him.

There are too many choices on how to transfer (teleport) him. But I can’t act immediately. There is too much bleeding. Even if his whole body was soaked in the spring, it would be useless if the blood loss outweighs the time of regeneration. If only I can stop blood from flowing out…!

Medismerut, who feel on the side of the founder’s hero, had a faint breath like that of an insects. I ran up to him and placed his head on my knees, biting my wrist without hesitation.
 
"Dute [2], open your mouth!"

"... Don't bleed extra blood ... I've always kept it." (Medismerut)

The blood dripping from my self-injured wrist stains his lips red.

As a former vampire, a certain amount of the Demon King’s blood should make him recover to some extent. If I was able to stop the blood flowing out of him [3] I would be able so save him and take him to the spring on time. But, even if I was thinking that way, Medismerut doesn’t seem to have enough strength to even absorb blood.
 
"It's not bad to die as your shield ..." (Medismerut)

"--- Don't! Live, Dute!"

Small, unpretentious words came out from his mouth. I could not stand it any longer and my tears fell down.

Don't cry

I'm not sad.

If I shed tears, it would seem as if I’m giving up on him.

"Don't die! Don't die ... it's an order, so listen ..."

His reply stopped.

No matter how many times I called, his body did not move.

The daily life spent by the two of us appeared at the back of my mind and disappears.

He always fulfilled more than expected while listening to my instructions and requests reluctantly.

He jumpingly hugs me, and hugs me while rubbing his cheeks against me while complaining.

When I first met him, I thought if him as “interesting. I don’t know when I came to think that I already “loved” him.

…… I had so little time left that I couldn't afford to get distracted. This is the only way to save him. There is no time to freely think about other means.

I repeat my words slowly, consciously controlling my breath that was shallow and full of impatience. I then finally take a deep breath.

"----I am the great Demon King, my name is Silese Wonomer E Shirazy."

I know what to do even if no one told me.

“My successor, Medis…I will give the new king a name, a source of power as Demon King. The next king is, Medismerut Wonomar E Nasievi.”

The spell of the Demon King's succession.

The new name is improvised, but it can't be helped.

As soon as I finished saying it, my whole body gained more weight. It was a bit broken, and it made me feel cold, but I think it was considered that I chanted everything safely.

I was grateful in my heart for the reasonableness of the world that gave birth to demons.

...... Ah, power flows out from my extremities. I put my hands on the floor so that I would not lean on the head laying down on my lap.

"……What?" (Medismerut)

His beautiful eyes hidden underneath his slightly opened eyelids shook.

I tried to make him feel at ease while clenching my teeth and enduring weakness.

On the sides of his ears, something slowly rises. A sigh of relief washed over me seeing the winding horns that appeared…it was good. They were great royal horns.

As he was lying on his back, the injury on his abdomen, rapidly closed. It seems that the power of the Demon King that was passed on is increasing his recovery power.

Instead, the royal horn disappeared from my head. The red eyes that looked up at me was suddenly wide open. It seems that he noticed my physical conditions as well as my changes.

―――― I’m at my limit.

The Demon King is destined to lose his life immediately after passing on power. It doesn’t change in other tribes as well as in demon tribes. The Demon King is such a creature.

Looking back, my life was too short. I could only live less than 20% of Kerrun’s life span.

...... Well, maybe it wasn't bad. I think that's because I met Medismerut.

 My body leaned down.

My memory from there is a little vague.

I don't think I can remember it, but I think it was because my consciousness at that time was unclear.

I noticed our posture was now reversed. Medismerut who wakes up my upper body is screaming for something while shedding huge amounts of tears.

"... guh ... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Fresh blood spilled on my face.

By the hands of Medismerut, the newly-grown horn was forcibly removed from the root. The young man whose blood heavily stained his forehead and left cheek pressed the royal horn he held to my chest.

Our lips overlap.

Gentle pleasure and warm spirit gradually begin to permeate my limbs.

"... Oh, I gave it to the Demon King ... This is a place where imperfections are good ..." 

"Don't be silly! If you die ... I will not survive in a world without you ..." (Medismerut)

"Already ... Crybaby Dute."

Giving me the royal horn, which is also the source of the Demon’s power by hand, even if he does such a thing, it wasn’t enough.

The appearance of "the founder’s hero" means that the "hero's production period" will begin.

The Demon King who lost half his power and the former Demon King who died, how do you overcome the hardships that will continue for three to forty years from now?

…… The anxiety over my head disappeared like a mist before I said it.

Suddenly, I am severely drowsy.

"I hate you, don't leave me!" (Medismerut)

"It's ok … I’ll just sleep ..."

The body soaked in one of the horns may be wanting to rest.

But I can't sleep. I want to talk with him a little more.

I have to say to my cute half-devil who can't fly in the sky even though he's not so honest, but his attitude is rather honest and he is a former vampire.

"... The next time I wake up ... I thought it would be nice to be called the God of Destruction ... I wonder ... and it would fine ..."

You will be greeted by the Demon King in prostrate and receive the word celebration ...

 So you must live. Overcoming disasters.

My hand stretched gently on his cheeks wet with tears and he held it firmly.

 ……It’s good. His hands are warm.

Am I laughing gently now?

“I promise, I will survive as a king until you wake up, I will do anything in prostrate! So ...” (Medismerut)

"N ... If I can do it well, I'll reward you ... I'll give you everything ... My body, mind, future ..."

The King's replacement would have regained his power slightly from the state of half-dead, committing him to the flaxen color reflected in the corner of my blurred vision.

"Lionel, please ..."

Eyelids are heavy. The power comes off from my whole body.

It was severe pain that came with the drowsiness in which I couldn’t resist. Once I let go of all my power as Demon King and passed in onto Medismerut, I screamed because this body was no longer accepted…the pain of becoming a half-demon might be similar to this.

Warm drops fall on my cheeks.

Lips are softly covered.

Painful tears are only slightly far away. ...... Dute, useless ...

“---No! If you put more power, you’ll end up…You’ll die…are you just going to die with Her Majesty that stopped you from dying?! The “founder’s hero” has already been here and the “production period of heroes” would soon begin in the human world. The absence of a Demon King must be avoided! You can’t afford to lose!” (Lionel)

Lionel's tragic voice spoke for me. 

With him, Medismerut will not go wrong. Surely he will be raised to become a fine king.

In peace, as soon as I was relieved, my consciousness was dragged to the bottom.


I gently opened my closed eyelids.

The red eyes staring at me was shaking.

His left head ---- I just touched the place where the horns were once growing for a few moments, just hair now growing.

“...Goddess…” (Medismerut)

"I'm home, now."

A transparent drop spilled out from his red eyes that were wide open.




Tl: now everything makes sense…and the MC's real name is finally revealed!

[1] the mtl mentioned Misogi, which is a japanese ritual of purification which usually occurs under a waterfall but in the following paragraphs, it mtled “spring” so that’s just what I used.
[2] I finally figured this out LOL. It’s actually another nickname of Medismerut.
[3] It actually says hemostasis here but I changed it since the term was so technical.

Comments