[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 15

Become a Patron!

 

Don’t Do It, Mr. Wolf 1

 

As Siegfried told me, the road from the border was steep. We proceed to a place where I don't even know if I can call it a road, because I can only think that we had forcibly cut through the mountain. There are no towns, and naturally there is no inn. Before the sun went down, preparations for camp started, and we camped around the fire that was ignited.

 

As the only woman, Aria was given a separate tent. Aria spends herself withdrawing from the tent and in the carriage.

 

If it is true, I think I should take this opportunity to deepen my relationship with them. But I can't do that. Thinking that everyone had heard that unremarkable voice, the shame stood first, and I couldn't meet anyone properly.

 

Aria, who was still alone in the tent, woke up in the middle of the night. Once I fell asleep, I was usually a good sleeper, and I was able to get a good sleep without waking up on the way even in my first home stay. So this is so unusual.

 

I closed my eyes to try to sleep again, but I hurriedly rushed and did not feel like sleeping at all. I had no choice but to get up, put on my cloak and go out of the tent. Even at night, there is a fire, so it's been told that one person is always up. I still have an awkward feeling, but I thought that if I could get a glass of water, the excitement would subside.

 

The fire watch, which also served as a watch, is performed near the tent of Aria. It seems that if something happens to Aria, people will be able to rush immediately.

 

When I was asked about the explanation before leaving the country, I was impressed that I was thinking a lot. Now I regret that I should have listened to the explanation in more detail.

 

I didn't anticipate that Siegfried was the person who turned around after noticing the footsteps of Aria. It seems that he was surprised at the sudden appearance of Aria over there, his golden eyes shaking.

 

 

"... Siegfried also looks after me. Even though he you are a prince."

 

"It's the same for the prince. If you go out, you're just a soldier. You can’t sleep?"

 

"I woke up ... I was wondering if I could get some water."

 

"Oh, then you can brew tea. The one that calms you and makes you sleep better."

 

"Thank you."

 

 

Prompt, sit next to Siegfried. The improvised chair, which is just a fallen tree, is cold and hard.

 

 

"Unlike your country, it's still cold at night."

 

 

Siegfried sets a small pot of water over the fire and wraps Aria's body in a blanket. The blankets are probably warm because Siegfried lent me what he used to wear. She opened her mouth to say thank again, but she was overrun by Siegfried.

 

 

"……Sorry"

 

"I've heard that a lot."

 

 

Since that day, Siegfried has been apologizing all the time every time he met Aria.

 

 

"I can't say enough. I didn't mean that ... no excuse."

 

 

Siegfried put new firewood on the fire without looking at Aria's face. The fire crackled with a small noise. Illuminated by vivid flames, shadows were clearly reflected on his deeply carved face.

 

 

"After all, I shouldn't have brought a little child like you."

 

"……What does that mean?"

 

 

I gaze at Siegfried's profile and gently open my mouth. It's terrifying and frustrating because I don't understand the true feeling of the feelings that spring up in my chest.

 

 

"What does that mean …”

 

"Because I'm small, I can't use it, so it means that Lilianne was better, right?"

 

"No! It doesn't mean that!"

 

"But it sounds like that."

 

"It's totally different. I'm just worried about you. You’re small, fluffy ... I don't want to break you."

 

"I'm not that soft."

 

"I don't know! I actually hurt you twice. In such a short period of time-"

 

 

I put my hand on the bandage that was wrapped around your right wrist. Believing in such a lie, he groans in distress.

 

 

"I shouldn't be by your side"

 

 

The moment I heard the words, I put my finger on the clasp of the bandage. In my heart I apologize to Bruno and break my promise. The unraveled bandage disappears in the darkness of the night as it is taken by the wind. Where there were only small scratches, the scab would soon be peeled off and empty.

 

 

"Siegfried is a child who is fooled by this kind of thing."

 

"Tricked ...?"

 

"I wanted to use this feeling of guilt, so I just tried to produce it in a big way."

 

 

I hold my wrist in front of Siegfried's eyes so as to show off the healing scar. I wanted to distort my lips so that I could look like a bad guy and laugh, but it didn't work very well.

 

 

"My mother was a weak person."

 

 

His golden eyes finally reflect Aria.

 

 

"I loved my father, loved him ... but I couldn't be happy"

 

 

In his eyes of gold, see a burning flame. Aria does not know whether it was due to the flicker of a bonfire or the flames of Siegfried himself.

 

 

"She lamented about her circumstances, and worried ... At the end, she killed herself with a thin rope."

 

 

A gentle afternoon. In one corner of the garden, I saw my mother hanging from a tree. My mother's strangely distorted long dress swayed in the wind.

 

 

"I didn't even know my mother died and I was reading at her feet, believing that my mother would wake me up, and I was just reading a happy story. ...... If I called people right away, maybe they would be in time. My mother might still be breathing."

 

"Isn't it because of Aria?" (Aria is talking here)

 

 

I'm not looking for gentle comfort. I don't want to hear those words. I didn't start such a story in search of such a thing. It wasn't that I stood alone when I caught myself and lived. Live alone. Live happily. I want to have that much strength.

 

I gently stare at Siegfried.

 

 

"Suffering, struggling ... I don't want to die like that."

 

 

No one knows if peace will come in the future.

 

 

"I told you. I want to be happy. I will be happy."

 

 

I'm not going to ask for the "next" when I don't know if there is one. I decided that I would live happily in the world I am in now, and be happy.

 

 

"I don't want to hurt, suffer, or feel painful, but I'm not going to break that much."

 

 

I forget about blinking and look at the man in front of me.

 

 

"I'm happy. I'm happy at all times, but it's not something I couldn't hold back by."

 

 

The man miserably lowered his eyebrows due to the habit of holding flames in his eyes. Afraid of an unhappy future, denying the strength of Aria. There was no doubt that it was anger that sprung in my chest.

 

 

"You still don't understand? I'm telling you that I'm so worried about a single mistake, that I'm afraid of it!"

 

 

I explain in a loud voice and breathe out. Siegfried, staring at her, was just opening his mouth. In the silence, the howls of beast are mixed in from nowhere. Siegfried, staring at Aria in a stupor, distorted his face.

 

 

"... I'm here. You're so small, but you're much stronger than me."

 

"It's super small! If you're saying something miserable tomorrow, I'll mercilessly throw it away, so be prepared!"

 

 

 

I leave with momentum and make a voice that makes you bite. I had been deciding to stay home for a long time, and I was putting it all on the shelf.

 

 

"Oh, I see ... Yeah. I don't want you to throw me away."

 

"If that's the case, please do something about your ridiculous face."

 

"Yeah ... but I wonder if there will be a delay until tomorrow?"

 

 

Withdrawing my hand, I lost my balance and fell into Siegfried ’s chest. It was painful to hit my forehead against his hard-worked chest, but I couldn't complain because I was hugged tightly. It's a weakness I fell in love with. My heart is pounding and my breath is choking.

 

 

"Can you please let me down a little more?"

 

"... I can't help it, so I can comfort you for a while."

 

"Thank you."

 

 

I put my arms on his wide back and gently squeeze. I pretended I didn't hear anything, even though I felt like I heard a small sore throat.

 


Ps. let me know if you want me to indicate who's talking or if you're fine the way things are since the characters aren't that many unlike [Goddess, Help Me!] where even i am confused as to who is really talking lol.

Comments

  1. Dang, that's sad about her mother. Also, was she at her mother's feet reading? It's a little difficult to understand, but thank you for the translations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. from what i understood as i translated, she must have been young back then not to notice that her mother died since she was reading beneath her mother's feet. i should probably change the pronoun ^-^ '

      Delete

Post a Comment