[Goodnight, Mr. Wolf] Chapter 23

Become a Patron!

 

Where Are You, Mr. Wolf 1

 

Aria was in the library. No Siegfried will wake up in the morning, so no one should be warned, "You can't be in that dusty place." Moves to the library faster than the rooster crows and relies on the light of the lamp to read the book silently.

 

 

"Strong and brutal. A person who devours all because of his greed and does everything he can with atrocities. Even if it is a bone-and-flesh that divides the blood, it will be torn with its teeth.”

 

 

Following a passage of an old book with your finger and rumination many times.

 

 

"Black beast ..."

 

 

The words are sometimes written in old books left in the library. Ferocious, barbaric, without blood or tears. A black beast that lives only by instinct. Wolf beast man. A race that has a physical structure that looks like a human and a wolf, and messed up not only to other races but also to relatives. It was said that they were the most ferocious of the race called beast people, and as the times changed, the number decreased and their blood diminished, and they came to have a peaceful life.

 

Where and how they live now---I haven't found a book on which it is written yet. Only old books were written about the black beast, and the word black beast was not used anywhere in the new books. Their news was lost. If you're deliberately trying to hide your abomination of the past, it's terribly easy to guess that their descendants are werewolf.

 

 

"The black beast ... the ancestors of the werewolf family ... really?"

 

 

If so, is that beast that occasionally gives a glimpse of Siegfried's remnants of a "black beast"? Is the "black beast" inside him looking into his face?

 

During the trip, I remember Siegfried like a black beast I saw at an inn. In a room with little light, he cast a black shadow and devoured Aria's body like a beast. No matter how much I cried, "I hurt" That figure, which is the exact opposite of his usual appearance, certainly resembles the "wolf beast man" described in the literature.

 

 

"But ..."

 

 

However, it may be different. Aria has not yet found any literature that describes the werewolf ancestors as wolf beasts. There is hope there.

 

Otherwise, Siegfried cannot be happy. The wolf man cannot control his instincts. Even if it is a relative---no, because it is a relative, it find pleasure in cutting the body and shedding blood. That's how the race was reduced. He doesn't resemble the beast at all.

 

He looked good with a gentle face with a slightly brow. In the sun, shining silvery silver hair and golden eyes, surrounded by many flowers and lost beasts. Spread the sandwiches and sweets shared in the dining room on the rug and spend a calm time with warm tea. I want to end such a boring way of life, just spending the smoldering flames in a dim room.

 

So Aria is looking. I've been searching for proof that he can be happy.

 

It seems that she was reading the book with all her heart and fell asleep unknowingly. She stuck her cheeks to a dusty book and dreamed. I found it a dream because Siegfried was there. It wasn't him who had the usual falling eyebrows, but he who had a white furry, lonely and swaying golden eye.

 

I ask what was so sad and you didn't ask that day. The white beast answered nothing and shook his red earrings. His eyes shine so sad, he hugs his fluffy fur and fills his neck with his face.

 

He, who wears the rich scent of a beast, does not try to touch Aria himself. He tries to hide his sharp claws and fangs, as if he were afraid to hurt her.

 

I want to tell you that I am not afraid of anything and I will not be hurt by that much, but my fingertips trying to touch the fangs are refused. He turned his face away, turn his eyes and close his heart.

 

I didn't know what to do, and just told him that I liked him. Whispering again and again that I like him, I notice that the white fur is wet. I finally realized that he was crying, trying to tell me not to cry.

 

 

***

 

 

The body that lacked sleep was swaying. Being shaken by warm arms and carried. I already remembered this temperature. I can't help but let go of my happy moments, pretending I still can't wake up and bury my face in a thick chest.

 

 

 

"Aria ... has it happened?"

 

 

Immediate lie is revealed, and a gentle voice is blamed. As I looked up while rubbing my gritty eyes, Siegfried lowered his eyebrows and laughed. Aria's favorite, gentle smile.

 

 

"Don't sleep in such a place. It's bad for you."

 

"I’m sorry…"

 

"Do you want to eat rice? Shall we go to the dining room?"

 

 

After thinking a little, I shake my head. I'm sure I'm hungry, but I want something more than something to fill my stomach. I didn't want to let go of it, even though the things I wanted most were so close. I grip my chest with a dark blue jacket draped by Siegfried and gently blink.

 

 

"Sieg, my name ..."

 

"Name?"

 

"Kuronia is my mother's surname. So, officially, I am going to call myself Aria Kuronia Phillip."

 

"Aria got her name from both her father and mother."

 

 

Siegfried laughs, so Aria smiles without saying anything. It was only after the engagement with Siegfried that Aria was able to claim her family name as Philip. She was told that it would be unpleasant to be married to another country only by the surnames of different nations. People who didn't allow me to have my father's surname tried to pick up the surname I got from my mother as "bad".

 

My parents who wanted to give their two surnames probably came from his father or Bruno. Or maybe the prestigious princess soon lost interest in the little girl who left the country?

 

Either way, I didn't get it when I gave up at that time. If you want something, don't give up. No matter how desperate you may be, no matter how much more you know about the dreadful truth that lies ahead—don't let yourself go.

 

I saw my mother hanging from a tree under a beautiful sunny sky. I don't know if it was because of the wind that my mother's dress was shaking at that time. I was afraid to check it and turned my face away.

 

I sat down by the swinging skirt, spread the book, and pretended that I didn't understand anything. I was blaming my mother's weakness in my heart while reading aloud a happy story made of lies. I put my weakness on the shelf and blamed only my mother.

 

I wanted to be stronger. I wanted the strength to allow my mother. Thank you for your hard work---I couldn't even say such a thing, because I'm fine alone, so after that I hate my weak self.

 

 

"Aria? Do you still want to sleep?"

 

"Just a little……"

 

 

I'm not confident that I'm laughing properly, so I rub against Siegfried's chest to hide my face. I knew that I could put my strength in the arms that support my body and closed my eyes with confidence. Just listen to powerful heartbeats so you don't have sad dreams.

 

That day, in front of my mother's grave. Aria is still unable to forgive herself for why she had left herself alone and could only get stuck.

 

Tl: :’(

  <<prev      Table of Contents    next>>


Comments

  1. I'm totally lost, they were in a picnic and then moved to her mother's grave?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment