[God You're a Liar] Chapter 4.1: Box Garden


While I meditated as he did, I heard that I had fallen asleep a bit too before I knew it.

 

He was still smiling when I first woke up and came into view.

 

He stroked my cheeks and stared vaguely back at me from here, I could see my reflection in his eyes, who was looking down at me.

 

 

 

...... Oh, it's Zeine-sama. It wasn't a dream.

 

My body feels creaky.

 

I'm sure you'll find that God is real. I'm sure you'll be able to find the right one for you. It's beautiful and shiny when you see it in a bright place.

 

Speaking of beautiful, not this person, but God, the color of her eyes is also beautiful. They look like sunflowers that bloom in summer. It looks like a jewel rather than a flower because it was so transparent. It's very different from me, with my run-of-the-mill light brown hair and heavy dark blue eyes.

 

A few minutes ago, these eyes revealed everything to me, and I was exposed to the lasciviousness of of these eyes, and I was disturbed and flustered......

 

 

You look greedy. Wasn't it enough?

 

Huh!?”

 

 

 

Huh, I came back to myself.

 

I backed away from him as his smile deepened. I zipped over the bunk and moved closer to the wall.

 

The clothes bashed over me as I pulled up the mattress to hide my skin. He threw it over to me carelessly and I picked it up fearfully.

 

 

Put that on and then come to the next room.

 

 

 

The tall man turned on his heel and walks out the door.

 

I hurriedly got out of the bed, trying as best as I could not to think about the body complaining of dull aches and pains.

 

It's quite bright outside the wide open armored door. Maybe it was already past noon. The air is refreshing in spite of that. I don't feel the typical heat and humidity of this season.

 

Are we so far away from the village that the climate is different here?

 

I begin to prepare myself while tilting my head.

 

 

 

What I was given was a simple, plain, plainly made kimono. When I put them on, they are too heavy. The kimono is long enough to cover all of my toes but still have some cloth left, and the wide open collar on the chest is a little, or rather a lot, distracting......

 

I look around. I don't see any of my clothes. There doesn't seem to be anything else I can wear. It looks like I have no choice but to put up with it and wear this.

 

I mean, it's rude to complain when I’m borrowing them.

 

I managed to get through last night alive. But don't get carried away just because I got through one night. When he gets to me, my life is gone in an instant. I have to be humble.

 

 

 

I folded and adjusted my long sleeves and hem a few times and left the room.

 

He was waiting for me on the other side of the door, the corners of his mouth up, reaching for me with a relaxed expression.

 

I saw his long ears bounce off the side of his usual smile out of the corner of my eye.

 

 

--- So much for the place I usually use. Use it as you please.

 

As I said before I fell asleep, the first thing we will start is a tour of the house.

 

The bedroom I had been in earlier. A living room with rustic furniture and a serene atmosphere. I was surprised to see that there was even a guest room in the parlor. Quite large. As far as I know, the largest house in the village was the chief's house, but this one is at least twice as large as that house.

 

Next, this door. The next doorway is the ...... workshop when opened. You should not go in without a fight. There are things lying around that can kill you if you mess with them. And the storage room next door. I don't mind you opening the door, but just take a peek inside.

 

Yes, sir.

 

He wandered across the living room, leading me with arm that hugged my waist.

 

This door leads to the outside of the cooking area. Outside is the drying area and fields. I haven't planted anything right now, but if you want to grow something, do what you want. All I'm going to provide you with is seeds and seedlings. You'll have to take care of them yourself.

 

Yes, sir.

 

“Does Lana know how to cook a meal?

 

Well, I can cook the usual village fare.

 

You tell me what you need to make a meal, I'll bring it to you. The pantry's a little ways away. ...... Any questions so far?

 

He looked up next to me and I shook my head, "None.

 

I have a more fundamental question, but that can wait until after he's done explaining everything.

 

 

Well, next time, out.

 

He looked down at me and nodded one nod, then he bent down unexpectedly.

 

'Huh! Well, um, I can walk on my own: ......!

 

It's fine. It's faster.

 

The tall man lightly taunted me as he hijacked me into a sideways hug and stepped forward with a sure footing.

 

The double doors of the front door opened on their own, even though no one had touched them. My eyes widen. What's going on, this house. No, it's not how the house works, maybe he's doing something to it. An application of witchcraft? I don't know, I don't know much about it.

 

It's not much to call a garden, but…

 

Prompted by the bass that hung in the air, I looked around from a higher than usual vantage point.

 

A carpet of short, trimmed grass decorated the perimeter of the house. Tall trees were also planted here and there. There was even what looked like a spring of water in one corner of the property.

 

That water can be used for drinking water. You can use it to wash your clothes. Even if you get dirty in the morning, the water will be back to fresh water by noon. But be careful, because it's quite cold.

 

I don't even know how many times I've been surprised by being told something outrageous as a matter of course.

 

He continues to walk leisurely, holding me lightly as I freeze with my mouth wide open.

 

After a few moments on the unevenly laid out stepping stones leading from the front door, his steps suddenly stopped.

 

Ah ......, this is the most important thing to know about living here. --- can you feel it?

 

The smile disappeared from his face.

 

It was the first time I had ever seen him look so serious.

 

I change my mind and pull my mouth into a tight line.

 

I follow his gaze, craning my neck to follow his gaze. In front of us is a green carpet and what appears to be an endless stream of gray stepping stones. I wonder what it is, even if it's ...…

 

I don't know if it's strange or not, but the vibe is a little different.

 

He nodded slowly as I said exactly what I was thinking.

 

His long legs took a step forward.

 

Immediately, the landscape changed dramatically.

Comments

Post a Comment