[God You're a Liar] Chapter 4.2: Box Garden

 My vision turned gray.

 

Dim, white grains were rushing close to us.

 

Is that snow? But I've never seen a blizzard this violent before in my life. And strangely enough, I didn't feel the cold.

 

The massive amounts of snow that were flying around at great speed disappeared just before it touched my skin and clothes.

 

The sound of the wind roaring in my ears. This, too, can only be heard to the extent that it echoes in the distance.

 

I look up at him.

 

He quietly looks down at me, confused by the situation, and turns on his heel. The gray landscape instantly returns to its original lazy garden.

 

 

 

''---This is a box garden I made in my spare time. Only the house and its surroundings have been suitably arranged, but once you step out of the grounds, it's extremely cold. I can't guarantee your life when you step outside.

 

......

 

I didn't bring you here to put you on ice. Just remember that.

 

He let out a breath and a smile returned to his face.

 

He held me in his arms as he walked home, moving forward as leisurely as I did. He tossed me down on the couch in the living room and I could finally breathe properly.

 

There's already ...... so much going on before I went to sleep that my mind can't keep up with the situation.

 

I guess what I know for now is that 'I was right not to disobey him' ......

 

It is impossible to build a mansion with a large garden in a place so gray that you can't tell the boundary between ground and sky from a blizzard. The ability to fly from the outskirts of the village to this place in an instant is most impressive, but this one was even more shocking. I looked up at the sky from the yard and it was just as clear as normal. I wonder how much of a temperature difference there was between inside and outside the boundary earlier.

 

Drink.”

 

Thank you…

 

 

 

The cup that was handed to me had an elegant handle, and it was a very expensive looking object. I slowly inhaled the gorgeous aroma that rose up. The taste was too luxurious for my mouth, which was used to weed tea, and I poured it down my throat with a sense of awe. Amazing, no bitterness left in the aftertaste.

 

He sits down next to me and brushes my hair without getting bored.

 

Is it good?

 

Yes. It's sweet and delicious.

 

You have a sweet tooth. I'll buy some sweets next time I go food shopping. As I recall, the queen has a sweet tooth, too, and I'm sure she'll be able to help you find out what it is.

 

What?

 

Hmm? Don't you like sweets?

 

"... um, uh, … just now you said 'queen'."

 

What about it?

 

He tilted his head in a small, curious way.

 

I shake my head in a panic. I hope the smile I'd forced on him wasn't twitching.

 

 

God can be anything..…

 

What do you mean?

 

Nothing…”

 

The Queen is ...…

 

As a villager living in a remote area, the royal family is more distant than the clouds, and is someone you only see in the portrait that hangs in the village chief's house. This is not someone you can call "that guy" by any means.

 

If you say so, then the god in front of you is also a distant figure...…

 

Hmm. Isn't it strange that royalty and gods, noble people who are there but don't feel close to each other, have some kind of connection to each other?

 

In any case, the world they live in is different from mine. I don't want to waste my time worrying about this and that.

 

...... By any chance, "The seamstress's working mind" is Her Majesty the Queen! 

 

...... No way. ...… If it's that big of a deal, it will certainly shorten your life span.

 

 

It's a good idea to look up next to him with a strong smile.

 

The long ears keep bouncing around, and he seems to be in a vaguely good mood.

 

Now that we've had our tea and the air has eased, now might be a good time to ask.

 

I tried to be calm, but my heart was pounding inside, and I put forward a question that had been stuck in my mind for a long time.

 

''Um, ...... why did Zayne-sama bring me here?''

 

Lana barged in on me. Who cried that she wanted to marry, but there was no one in the village to accept?

 

He chuckled and took the cup from my hand with a hitch. The large hand that took it away and placed it on the table by my side is extended toward me again.

 

I'm on his lap as he sits down, my body lifted up in a careless embrace. He held me to the side as if he were nursing a young child.

 

I heard a light tutting sound around my forehead. I cowered, and I felt him laugh again.

 

''Am I allowed to live in this house now? Am I to be Zayne-sama's personal caretaker?

 

You do what you want. I'll do what I want. I'll do you a favor, but I'm in no hurry.

 

A hand brushing my hair slips out and hugs my shoulder.

 

"What, did you think you were going to be dismantled and crushed?

 

...... No, not really.

 

 

The other hand begins to stroke my cheek and neck.

 

A finger descends on my bruised chest and my body involuntarily giggles and tenses up.

 

I don't want it to be too sticky. I'm afraid that the raw sensations I've been taught at dawn are going to be triggered by the slightest stimulus to come back to my skin.

 

I feel like I shouldn't repeat that experience ...... over and over again, as if I'm not myself.

 

His hands never stop moving. He doesn't care if I tense up or shiver, but he caresses my skin at will.

 

I feel his sigh in my hair as it brushes against my cheek as I choke on the feel of his chest and collarbone.

 

...... Can we talk about old times?

 

 

 

Tl: ooohhh… it’s really sweet so far. But I have a feeling the plot would pick up soon. I’m also kinda expecting something from this series since this novel has the same author as [Goddess, Help Me!] that had some major twists in it (but not too major).

Comments

  1. I'm really enjoying this so far! Thank you for translating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment